It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arsenal: Gunners to sign Baptista?

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Arsenal are believed to have jumped to the head of the queue for Sevilla striker Julio Baptista. The Gunners are hoping to beat Premiership rivals Manchester United to the Brazilian's signature after he revealed he was looking to move to England. Baptista seems set to leave Sevilla this summer after turning down a new deal with the Spanish club. The South American ace has established himself as one of the best strikers in Spain after netting 50 goals in two seasons with Sevilla and his performances have attracted the interest of a host of clubs.

LINK

[Edited on 1/7/05 by TRD]

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   
woah! how wrong this thread is lol.

i dunno, i think arsenal could have done with signing someone who can be aggresive in an attacking position, at the moment they are serisouly lacking something.

Baptista at Real though, , i think from reports hes supposed to be playing alright

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
i have seen him play maybe 5 times for Real this season and i still havent seen him look good in a game.

You can see why Robinho is highly rated, at times he skins players and with time, he will be amazing.

But Julio, he is big and strong, but for a brazilian his touch is really poor, i think these days though his role is slightly different from that of Seville. I dont think he has a future there

not with Cassano, Raul coming back, Ronaldo, and Robinho

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I still think this guy is stinking! i think he came on against Arsenal and he didnt do anything.

Maybe Wenger didnt sign him cos he knew he wasnt that good

Alright, he brazilian and strong, but he is no Ronaldo or Ronaldinho.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I dont think they will sign him. The gooners will maybe sign 1 or 2 players in the summer and it wont be no real big names. I think Wenger is happy with his squad now and the way the youngsters are progressing.

top topics

join