It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arsenal: Wenger crying again!

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I can't believe this man, if it isn't one thing it's another. First it was Cech.... Now Robinson. Wenger is full of it, if you wanted a player that much and rated him, then buy him. Not bitch about it later when you don't and he is playing really well...

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger says he regrets not signing Tottenham keeper Paul Robinson. The England number one is hoping to keep out the champions on Monday night, live on Sky Sports 1, to confirm the title is passing over to Chelsea. Wenger could have landed Robinson when he was with Leeds United as the cash-strapped Yorkshire club were keen to sell to raise funds.

LINK

Oh BTW they did win tonight 1-0 against Tottenham...

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
I can't believe this man, if it isn't one thing it's another. First it was Cech.... Now Robinson. Wenger is full of it, if you wanted a player that much and rated him, then buy him. Not bitch about it later when you don't and he is playing really well...

I don't think he is bitchin about it, he was givin him a compliment so i think you are barkin up the wrong tree

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
i wonder whats going on, this season he seems to have done the most ever complaing he has ever done.

yip. cech and robison are two top keepers and he should have tried better at signing them.

i wonder if hes finally had it with the goofball lehmann and tottaly regrets buying him in the first place lol

TRD

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I don't think so, i think its sour grapes as he missed out again.

He knows he missed out on the two best keepers in the Prem, Cech and Robinson. He won't be able to afford them now and no-one as nearly as good. The ol' war chest at Arsenal has slowly been getting less and less. Thats why he has bought all these young players at affordable prices.

Would he have said the same if Robinson was playing badly?

Reporter: Mr Wenger you was interested in signing Paul Robinson at one time.

Wenger: Yes, well i took a look at him and realised he wouldn't be any good, so i signed Lehman.... :approve:

Lately, Wenger has been saying about the players he missed out on. He must be kicking himself to be honest, but is that just bad judgement on his part?

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 02:50 AM
link   
The Reason why mr Wenger did not buy Robinson is well known
Robinson came to The Arsenals training Ground and slated all the other Keepers in front of the coaching staff so i guess the reason he did not sign him was because of his character rather than his talent

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
i guess something like that is going to make the arsenal coaches think, we dont want a player like that

still. wenger couldnt have taken notice of what he said lol

top topics

join