It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arsenal: Lehmann battles for number 1 spot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Germany international Jens Lehmann is still careful about his long-term prospects of becoming Arsenal’s number one goalkeeper again.

Lehmann regained his place in the Arsenal team for the Premiership champions' 3-1 victory over Aston Villa last Saturday.

The 35-year-old had spent the previous two months playing second fiddle to Manuel Almunia, after the Spaniard came in for Lehmann at the start of December.

link

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
2 months playing second fiddle sounds to me that wenger prefers the other guy. its not like the other guy has been in the form of his life.

didnt quite realise he is 35, and i dont think he wants to end his career over here.

i think we can say bye byes

Sir

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 04:10 AM
link   
He has proven he just isn't good enough, he might get the odd game but at 35 he is nearing the end of his career. Why did Arsenal buy him in the first place?

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   
i think when you think of germany, there keepers are usually very good and consitent, up here there is klos who is rangers best player by far, oliver khan if hes still at munich is alomst impossible to beat

maybe lehmann became availabe, and with wenger needing a som1 to come in to replace seaman, he snapped at the chance to sign him.

i thought lehmann would have done alot better than he has done at arsenal

top topics

join