It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arsenal: Lauren signs new deal

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Lauren has agreed terms on a new two-year deal at Arsenal. The African defender's future had been in doubt due to a wrangle with The Gunners over the length of his new deal. Lauren wanted a two or three-year deal while Arsene Wenger would only offer him a 12-month extension.

With his current deal expiring in the summer, Lauren looked to be heading back to Spain with both Barcelona and Real Madrid keen admirers. However, it now seems that Arsenal have relented and offered Lauren a two-year deal, which he has agreed to sign.

Skysports

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   
woah! after all that TRD, he is staying hey,

well. hes a good defender, i guess this will end the talk of the trabelisi speculation. its good news for the club. wonder if he has got a big pay increase?

TRD

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Yep, looks like the gave in to his demands of a 2yr deal. By the sounds of it the money was not the issue it was how long. But i guess he must have wanted a bit more...

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
yip, the 12 month they wanted to offer goes onto be a 2 year deal. i guess 12 months doesnt make him feel its safe to stay, it could be that hes shown the door within 12 months. its a bit more security for this 2 year deal.

i wonder if it was getting to the stage something had too happen, it forced a issue with the talk of him leaving, it was either, i go now or i stay. and hes stayed

wonder if edu will follow suit

top topics

join