It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arsenal: Pennant wants new deal

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Winger Jermaine Pennant has vowed to convince Arsene Wenger he deserves a new contract at Arsenal this summer.

Pennant is one of five players out of contract at the end of this season, with Arsenal having so far failed to agree terms with Edu, with whom talks are said to have broken down, and Lauren.

The club are said to be close to a deal with Sol Campbell but, as with Dennis Bergkamp, Pennant's future will be decided in May, when Wenger has evaluated whether he merits a new contract.

The 21-year-old midfielder has therefore been left to play for his future, with Everton and Liverpool, as well as Birmingham, Middlesbrough and Tottenham, all having been linked with a move for him.

Sportinglife

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Pennant is a pretty good player, i dont know why he doesn't get more games. If Wenger doesn't have much plans for him, i wouldn't bother trying that hard to get a new deal. There will be alot of big clubs interested in signing him.

TRD

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I'm surprised they might think of letting him go. Didn't they go to all that trouble to get him when he was a kid?

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
yip, they got him from a 2nd divison team i think and paid alot of money for a 15/16 year old i think it was.

i think hes good, and will if he gets games be a national player, at the moment though, with arsenal having pires, reyes and ljunberg playing in the wide midfiled positions at times. its gonna be hard to get in the team and they are proven 1st team players.

they are trailing in the league, i wonder, can they afford to make changes like that at the moment. if they where coasting the league he would feature more you would like to think

Sir

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
They should keep him and play him for sure, he is a great little player. Bloody frenchman, more than likely he will sell him and buy another european player.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
ino the guy plays on the right rather than central, but with the injuries arsenal have, gilberto, the stuff with edu and pires seems to be on the bench a awful lot. maybe he could get a few more games due to rotation of the players who are fit

top topics

join