It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arsenal: Cole not going to Real

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
vice chairman of arsenal laughs at suggestions ashley cole will sign for real madrid

"Ashley is under contract until 2007," Dein told Sky Sports News. "He's our player and we intend to keep him our player.

"It must be feeding time for the agents."

Arsenal have been pitted against Bayern Munich in the UEFA Champions League and Dein is confident The Gunners will get the better of their German rivals.

"It was always going to be tough whoever we got," added Dein. "Bayern are top of their domestic league and have won four European Cups.

"There are two exciting games in store.

"We've got a talented squad and I'd like to think we'll progress in the competition."

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I read about this today and it seems cole is unhappy that he only gets 25 grand a week, compared to others on 50 grand plus..

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 06:33 AM
link   
i guess it might make him feel less important if he on lesser wages. wonder if real want him though? carlos looks like he willl play for many years to come just like cafu

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
progress will start this week about offering him a new contract, wonder if it includes a pay rise then?

"We are talking at the moment about giving him a better contract," Wenger stated.

"This will give him the recognition as one of the top players and we hope it will all be concluded in the next few months."

it sounds like it

TRD

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Thye have got to pay him more money, no wonder there was rumours of him going. He deserves much more than they are paying him based on other top flight players wages.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
i think if he was to go, the youngster gael chlilchey is cabeable of filling in at left back. that youngster looks really good and has perhaps more pace than cole

TRD

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I can't see him going from Arsenal unless they offer him a rubbish deal.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
well..he is wanting a new deal

"Ashley has two-and-a-half years left on his contract and loves Arsenal to bits," declared Barnett.

"If they were to come to him with a new contract offer then of course he would be willing to listen.

"If Arsenal offered him something really good then his first choice would be to stay at the club.

"He would rather do that than go anywhere else."

TRD

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Yea there hasn't been any news on what sort of deal Arsenal are going to offer, but i guess we will hear about it soon enough. They will be mad if they don't offer a bumper contract and he leaves..

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
hes hoping a contract will be sorted

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger believes Ashley Cole will sign a new contract with the Premiership champions.

The Frenchman stated the England left back will start against Manchester United on Tuesday, despite reports over the weekend that the 24-year-old had been tapped up by London rivals Chelsea.

Speculation suggests Cole met with Blues chief executive Peter Kenyon, manager Jose Mourinho and agent Pini Zahavi last week, with the reports having caused concern with the Gunners boss.

skysports.planetfootball.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
henry wants cole to stay

Thierry Henry has stressed the importance of keeping England full back Ashley Cole at Arsenal.

The defender allegedly met with Chelsea officials recently at a top London hotel with some newspaper reports claiming the runaway Premiership leaders want to lure Cole away from Highbury.

Arsene Wenger has quizzed Cole on the matter and believes the player will sign a new contract with The Gunners. The Frenchman also added that he expects Cole's team-mates to pressure the 24-year-old into staying put.

skysports.planetfootball.com...:+Cole+must+stay&channel=Football_Home

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
David Dein is confident of a new contract

Arsenal vice-chairman David Dein has stated Ashley Cole remains committed to the club.

The Gunners full back allegedly met with Chelsea recently, but evidence to support the claim remains unseen.

Cole, who is contracted to Arsenal till 2007, is currently in talks regarding a new deal with the Premiership champions.

link

Sir

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   
They need to sign him as he is the best defender they have, i think he is better than Sol Campbell...

new topics

top topics

join