It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arsenal: Wenger charged by the FA

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has been charged with improper conduct for his controversial comments in the aftermath of The Gunners' defeat by Manchester United last month.

French tactician Wenger was smarting at a number of events following the 2-0 reverse at Old Trafford and made his feelings known in post-match interviews.

Wenger was particularly critical of Red Devils striker Ruud van Nistelrooy for the Dutchman's tackle on Ashley Cole.

Van Nistelrooy was later charged and banned by The FA, but the governing body have still opted to take Wenger to task for his comments.

A statement on The FA's website read: "Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has been charged with a breach of FA Rule E3 for improper conduct.

"The charge relates to his comment about Manchester United's Ruud van Nistelrooy in a post-match media interview following the Premier League match at Old Trafford on Sunday 24 October.

"He has until 18 November to respond to the charge."

Skysports

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
is the charge just a fine which is just pocket money to him or is it gonna be a ban from the touchline?

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
well whatever it is he is going to fight it

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has denied a Football Association charge of improper conduct relating to comments he allegedly made after his side's defeat to Manchester United last month.

The French tactician was left infuriated by several incidents in the 2-0 reverse at Old Trafford on October 24 and made his feelings known in post-match interviews.

link

TRD

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Man the FA always win..

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
hehe.. well they did win and wenger got a fine

Arsene Wenger has been found guilty of improper conduct by The FA and fined �15,000.

The punishment relates to Wenger's comments made concerning Manchester United striker Ruud van Nistelrooy after their match with Arsenal at Old Trafford.

Wenger was furious with the Dutch striker and accused him of being a cheat - words that have not gone down well at Soho Square.

link

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 07:14 AM
link   
he brings it up again saying he stands by what he says

"I said what I said about what was happening on the day of the game," he stated.

"Maybe I translated it in clumsy words but the FA found him guilty and suspended him for three games so you cannot say he didn't cheat the rules.

"How would you describe that? What do you say? Explain to me?

"Was it an expensive sentence? No. I said what I had to say and nothing has changed.

"I knew it would cost some money. It is down to the FA to spend the money now.

"I take my responsibilities seriously after the game and I say what I feel I want to say.

"If you cheat with the rules I cannot find another word. In England it's a word you cannot say. I don't know why."

TRD

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
What cracks me up is that he asked for a hearing and never even bothered to attend. He is a arrogant so and so....

top topics

join