It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arsenal: Wenger friendly with Fergie

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has played down talk of a bitter rivalry between himself and Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson ahead of the meeting of the two sides.

With the Gunners aiming to make it 50 top-flight games unbeaten by avoiding defeat at Old Trafford, Wenger has dismissed rumours of a spat with his opposite number.

He said: "I've been here for eight years and he's been there for 18 years, so there aren't other people who have been in place as long who fight for a championship together. I think it's special.

"We get on okay. When you meet, it's always in a situation of immense tension before a game or one of immense disappointment or happiness after the game.

"But we have interesting conversations about football without any problem. There's no bitterness or aggression. It's friendly."

Chelsea coach Jose Mourinho also says he has seen the two men deep in conversation over the game.

He added: "I've been to the UEFA meetings for the last three or four years and have met them both.

"We all know each other, but they have a very good relationship and respect each other. They are good friends.

"They have dined at the same table and spoken about football.

"In the last two years at these meetings I have been in the same group as them and they have talked about football and shared their opinions."

4thegame

new topics

join