It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newcastle United: Newcastle bid for Walter Pandiani

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Newcastle are understood to have submitted an offer for Deportivo La Coruna striker Walter Pandiani.

Reports in Spain claim that The Magpies have bid 5 million euros for the Uruguayan international, known as 'The Rifle', although it is understood that Depor have priced the player at 8 million euros.

Graeme Souness has made no secret of the fact he plans to be busy during January's transfer window, although defensive reinforcements are his primary target.

However, the Scot has admitted he will look to bring in another striker if the right player becomes available.

Skysports

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
i aint sure why hes looking at strikers, pandiani came into the team when roy maakay left. before that he was at mallorca on loan i think. dont know how much goals the guy gets but to have that nicke name, he must have a good shot or some amount of power in his shooting.

but he got ameobi, shearer, kluivert and bellamy, at the moment its looking like at least 2 of them aint happy there. bellamy playing out of position and the other 1 not playing. but another striker will make it even odder i guess lol.

unless 1 of them will be sold. if that happens i will say bellamy though, i think this makes it look like robert will be going for sure as its another attacking player

TRD

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Deportivo La Coruna president Augusto Cesar Lendoiro has confirmed Newcastle's interest in Walter Pandiani.

Lendoiro exclusively confirmed to skysports.com that Newcastle had contacted them over the striker, nicknamed 'The Rifle', but admits that much hinged on the decision of the club's coach Javier Irureta.

"We have had a call from Newcastle but there is also interest from other clubs," said Lendoiro.

"The situation is complicated and the decision depends on the coach.

"If Irureta decides that he needs Pandiani, then a sale will not be possible.

"Depor need much help in attack for the second half of the season and The Rifle is an excellent player.

"Personally I think it is a very difficult deal to do."

Skysports

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
maybe newcastle are sniffing around, the chariman dont sound like he needs to sell the player, only if hes surpluss really.

top topics

join