It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portsmouth: Milan's monthly statement

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Milan has released a statement at www.pompeyfc.premiumtv.co.uk...

Part of this statement documents that The Sun and The Mirror tabloids have been banned from Fratton Park and their training pitch. This is due to the number of "stories" falsly linking players with moves out, and repeating stories and quotes to stir media interest.

Although I'm mindful of the propganda issues here, I for one will be backing Milan, as usual, by boycotting these tabloids. If this continues, I will do the same next season with the dream team. (the telegraph is much better anyway)

If u support this move, add your comments to this post.

NB This post is entirely unconnected with Milan and PFC and the opinions expressed are from me and not PFC...

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
i cant see this being a battle they will win. no matter what, the media are going to link players to clubs and stories about managers facing the sack or players not gettting along, it happens at every club.

with these 2 newspaper companies being banned, if they where to publish a story about pompey it would be much more easy to discredit. as they wont be eye witnesses to anything

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I agree. The British media are very bad. Well, the tabloids anyway.

I preferred the lack of media coverage when pompey were in div one. we were left alone (other than andy stegal). i wouldn't change the premiership tho for anything else. although it is annoying with the johnny come latelys. i remember the days of paying on the gate at Blundell Park and waiting outside Loftus Road when QPR come down from the Premiership... ah the memories. Now we have to queue for St Andrews and post our season ticket vouchers off. I'm only 24. Christ i sound old...

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
hehe....dont worry, if you think you sound old wait till you read one of TRD's posts, now that is old

with the promotion the the premiership, there more games going to be coveraged, i think sky pump more money into it. they are more in the spotlight.

hehe...i wonder how mandaric would cope at a team like man utd or chelsea, with players being linked everyweek

TRD

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I think the newspapers are starting to get so bad that they will just print any old rubbish in them now just to fill the pages. You know you can and will find better content and reading material on the internet nowadays. I do buy the Sun and will continue to do so but the mirror can go suck bal.., so thats my contribution to Milan, no more mirror.

You remember paying at the gate midgers?, i remember queing up for hours and paying under 50p to get in and if i was lucky i would get a ticket for £1.20... If it was the standing up, we was crammed in like sardines and if you got tired the people either side of you ended up holding you up as it was that tight for room, you could lift your feet off the ground and you wouldn't move at all lol!. But what an atmosphere it use to be, which i notice has sadly disappeared due to the grounds being all seating. You still get the singing and that but not as much and often as it use to be. I remember once a chant at Upton Park of Johnny Lyalls claret and blue army lasted for well over 20 mins without stopping, it rang out all over the ground..

Waffle waffle i could go on all day...

Back to the point, i see where they are comming from with the false stories and stuff and yes they did the right thing in banning the press from training and so on. But you will need publicity one day and i hope Milan can sort it out...

[Edited on 10/3/05 by TRD]

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
I do buy the Sun

let me guess, for the page 3 lol

Back to the point, i see where they are comming from with the false stories and stuff and yes they did the right thing in banning the press from training and so on. But you will need publicity one day and i hope Milan can sort it out...

good point, Publicity is what gets your recognised, i guess it could also generate money for clubs too.

do you think they have been banned due to things not going well, and this is a sign of Milan feeling the pressure and snapping

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I supprt Milan but i dont support VZ team selection(well keeper selection)

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Chalkias, well if there was a competition for worst premiership goalkeeper ever, we have a winner!

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Yep your right dilly i'd give him a goalkeeping lessons as a prize.

new topics

top topics

join