It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portsmouth: Kamara : Loan of record signing?

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp threw the future of goal hero Diomansy Kamara into doubt with an extraordinary admission after the Riverside Stadium draw.

Redknapp claimed to be in the dark over the Senegal international's Fratton Park deal - despite Kamara being paraded as the club's 2.3million record signing this summer.

Kamara scored a stunning solo goal in the fifth minute to give Pompey the lead before Stewart Downing hit a deserved second-half equaliser for the home side.

Redknapp hailed Kamara's goal then admitted: "I don't know if he is a loan or a permanent signing.

"I must have been away that day, I'm not sure. I think if we haven't signed him we'd like to keep him for sure."

Redknapp is not known for making careless comments and it inevitably raises questions about his relationship with Pompey chairman Milan Mandaric, with whom he had a very public falling-out last season.

Either way, Redknapp is clearly pleased with his new striker who ran from inside the centre circle to slot a fine left-foot shot past Mark Schwarzer.

Sportinglife

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
'Arry makes me larf he does say some funny things tho.

TRD

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Portsmouth chairman Milan Mandaric has cleared up manager Harry Redknapp's comments by stating the club have in fact signed striker Diomansy Kamara.

The Pompey boss was unsure if the South Coast side had captured the Senegal striker following the side's 1-1 draw against Middlesbrough at the weekend.

However, Mandaric has now come out and stated the club have sealed the transfer of the African ace who netted his first goal in The Premiership on Sunday.

"He is absolutely our player," explained Mandaric. "I think Harry got a bit mixed up.

"Maybe he was so excited that we had taken a point from Middlesbrough that he has forgotten my chief executive Peter Storrie and I had already negotiated the deal for Kamara."

Skysports

new topics

join