It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European: Real release Figo????

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Portugal's former European and World footballer of the year Luis Figo he wants to honour his Real Madrid contract. But unconfirmed Spanish press reports said that the club has released the 32 year-old.

"I want to honour my contract," said Figo, who is contracted with Real until 2006, on Portuguese television.

"But if that is not their (the Real Madrid board) wish, we will have to find an agreement."

Spanish press reported that Real had released Figo, who has been relegated to the bench since early April.

LINK

TRD

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Luis Figo last night expressed his desire to seal a lucrative move to the Premiership by issuing a shameless invitation to Manchester United and Liverpool to make him an offer.

The Mail online..

Former World and European Player of the Year Luis Figo has been given the green light to leave Real Madrid, a Spanish sports daily reported on Wednesday. The report said the 32-year-old Portuguese international, who fell out with Real coach Vanderlei Luxemburgo after being consigned to the bench for the latter part of the season, had been given permission to negotiate with other clubs.

Calcutta Telegraph

The veteran midfielder's future at the Bernabeu appeared uncertain for a better part of the previous campaign and he was linked with a move to the Premiership on a number of occasions. Tottenham have long admired Figo's talents and they could be tempted into making move for his services after offloading Welsh winger Simon Davies to Everton last week for 3.5million. But Spurs will no doubt face stiff competition from a whole host of top European clubs for the prized signature of the Portuguese international, who is still hungry to play football at the highest level.

FoxSports.com

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I want to know if there is a fee involved, Man Utd have always been after him.

TRD

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   
From what i can make out, he can go for nothing...

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
It says on the website that they will want a fee for him though?
Great free transfer signing if your right.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
i dont recall real at any point saying we dont want Figo and i think, to a large percentage of fans he will still be called a galatico figure.

the media have been talking about this for ages, is he staying or going and with him being on the bench, ever since he said he aint happy on the bench its all of a sudden hes shown the door.

i reckon if he is getting punted, they have a deal for some1 else, maybe joquain.

but yer, i would take him in my team lol.

but in a whole, at real its .... is owen leaving, beckham, and Figo. it seems to be that type of period for them

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 04:01 AM
link   
The club have said today that they will let him go for a nominal fee.
Bolton have made a bid!

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Valencia have made an offer to sign Real Madrid winger Luis Figo on a free transfer.

The Portugal international is waiting for clarification on his future in the Spanish capital following a bust-up with coach Wanderley Luxemburgo.

The Real boss axed Figo from the starting line-up towards the end of last season and that has sparked talk the 32-year-old will leave the Bernabeu.

source

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 04:20 AM
link   
i reckon he can still do it, i know sometimes he dont play particulary well but we seen in on the big occasions, he lifts his game.

Valencia to sign him would be cheeky and Real dont want that to happen, but as we have seen... he made the move from Barca to Real and i dont think he would hesitate to jump ship to another Spanish Team.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I think they will only let him go if he moves country, he is touting for a move to Liverpool big time!

new topics

top topics

join