It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European: Marcel Desailly to play on.

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Former Chelsea defender Marcel Desailly has shelved plans to retire from football and will consider playing on for one more season. The ex-France captain, who will be 37 in September, retired from international football last summer after collecting 116 caps with Les Bleus. He later joined Qatar outfit Al-Ittihad where he won the league title. And despite initially announcing it would be his last season in football, Desailly now appears to have changed his mind and is contemplating extending his illustrious career.

LINK

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
he doesnt need the money, so am going to rule out dubia and the saudi teams.

i cant see a premiership team taking him either, maybe a first? but i think it will be a return back to france at best.

he must be soooo slow now

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Thats a surprise, i thought he had packed it in for good. A prem team? I don't think so, as you say Rynaldo he is too old. I can't see him going into the championship league so maybe a trip to the states?

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
yer, i thought he had chucked it too..

i would say the states too to be honest, i cant see a move being money motivated though, he doesnt need to go sometwhere to get a big wage and i dont think hes that type of guy, hes made his millions from the game.

thats why am thinking hes back with something to prove, and to do that, he will want to play in a better league

top topics

join