It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European: Owen - Where will he be next season?

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The Owen saga will continue to run on throught-out the rest of the season and into the summer. But where will he be when the new season starts?

Recent speculation has linked him to Newcastle, with Graeme Souness expressing his desire to sign him in the summer. But Owen has dismissed the claims saying he is not looking to return to the premier league just yet. All that said, he recently found out that he won't be a regular starter at Real and the less games he gets, the more he might be tempted to return. England manager Sven, said a few weeks ago that Owen needs first team football regular. Is that a hint that it might jeopardise his starting place for England?

With the likes of Raul and Rynaldo in front of you in the pecking order, chances might be few. But Owen has took his chances in comming on as sub and scoring some important goals. Raul has come out and said that if Owens heart is not in the club then he should leave, but is that because it would work in Rauls favour? Owen, has appeared in a total of 32 Primera Liga or Champions League games so far this season, many as substitute, but has still scored 10 goals which isn't that bad at all.

Arsenal have also been linked with Owen and with the future of Reyes uncertain, Viera being linked with a summer move to Inter, they might step up with there interest and lure Owen back to England...

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   

With the likes of Raul and Rynaldo in front of you in the pecking order

good post TRD. one thing though, you let the cat out the back about me, i dont see owen as much of a threat personaly. aslong as am playing am happy

raul will always be number 1 there, its strange how hes said this to owen though, aint beckham in the exact same position, hes linked with moves all the time though he is playing more regular.

with rooney and defoe hitting form, its going to put owens place in the england team in danger. i think hes safe in the meantime, the other night i thought he looked pretty decent.

i think he wont go to newcastle, its giving up really. where as. i dont see him going to italy.

if he does leave, for me. it has to be arsenal or chelsea. but i got a feeling, if nothing happpens he might be a sub for another season at real and get loaned out

TRD

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Beckham is a different story, Posh is comming back home and their private life has suffered since he went to Spain. Its nothing to do with playing for Real ect..

His England place, well... It's looking more likely that Rooney will possibly play the role Scholes does at Man United, just behind the front two in quite a few of the games. So yeah Owens England place will be safe.

If you look at all the teams in the Prem, the only two that may appeal to him will be Arsenal and Chelsea. But it all depends on who wants him. Money wouldn't be a problem with Chelsea, maybe Arsenal will struggle to paying a big fee, plus high wages...

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Michael Owen has brushed off recent reports and insists he is determined to stay and prove himself at Real Madrid.

The England striker's future in Spain was again called into question last week after his admission in an interview that he would be prepared to move back to Liverpool.

Owen insists he is not thinking about a return to The Premiership and is currently enjoying life in the Spanish capital having earned himself a starting spot over the last couple of weeks.

link

TRD

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Liverpool could emerge as favourites to sign him if he does decide to come back. A few of his old team-mates have been speaking to him (according to the papers)...

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
i wonder if mc manaman has came forward and said. leave if you get the chance, dont do what i did and sit on the bench and then come back to england honking with badness

join