It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European: Eto'o favourite for prize

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Samuel Eto'o is the hot favourite to be named the 2005 African Footballer of the Year. The Barcelona striker's form in front of goal has been a major factor in the Catalan side's impressive campaign as they continue to top La Liga and face a mouthwatering UEFA Champions League duel with Chelsea. The match against Jose Mourinho's men will pit Eto'o against another candidate for the award for the best player from the continent - fellow forward Didier Drogba.

Bolton Wanderers midfielder Jay-Jay Okocha, Porto hit-man Benni McCarthy and Monaco's Emmanuel Adebayor are also in contention for the prize.However, Eto'o is expected to emerge triumphant at the gala event in Durban on Tuesday. It will be the second successive time that the Cameroon international has scooped the award but he is unlikely to be in South Africa for the gala as both he and his main challenger Drogba are in Barcelona for a benefit match for the Tsunami disaster.

Skysports

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
i think it will be down to etoo or drogba, and etoo seems to be playing more to impress than drogba has.

i cant see JJ doing it, as hes not been the same since when he first joined bolton.

the more i think about it. i think eto'o

join