It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European: Caracciolo chase hots up

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Arsenal and Celtic are keeping tabs on Brescia ace Andrea Caracciolo. Brescia are facing a fight to keep hold of their most prized asset with a number of top clubs keen on Caracciolo.

The Serie A outfit had claimed they would keep the highly-rated front-man until the summer at least, but they are believed to have changed their stance. Reports emanating from Italy claim that Caracciolo could leave Brescia during this month's transfer window. Shakhtar Donetsk have failed in previous moves for Caracciolo with the player thought to be not keen on a move to Ukraine.

Arsenal have held a long-term interest in Caracciolo and The Gunners are believed to have stepped up their interest in the Italian Under-21 international. Celtic are also thought to be in the running for Caracciolo's signature with Martin O'Neill looking to strengthen his squad. Barcelona, Tottenham and Southampton are all reported to be tracking Caracciolo and could make a move for him if Brescia decide to sell.

Skysports

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
to be honest, i aint never heard of the player and seen nothing in the papers or any celtic supporters mentioniong the guy.

we need all our money to keep balde now lol

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
not knowing much about european football it seems to me that players just keep jumping from team to team, are they all open to the highest bidder all the time?

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
yip. but in this time of year, the market is only open for less than a month just about. then the next time is the summer

but its mostly all money. there are some deals that are done on frees

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
none of the players have long term contracts?

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
i think the maximum length of contract you are allowed to hand out is a 5 year one, though i think it might be different if you are a bit younger? have to ask TRD on that 1.

and if you sign for a club, you are supposed to have to wait till the end of the season until you move if you want to or the club wants to get rid of you. but clubs find a way round these things as do the players.

there aint much loyalty in it

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
sounds like it would really boost the program sales, you would never know who was playing week to week

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
i think when you look at some of the people who own clubs its seen much more of a business, Roman Abromovich owning chelsea. silvio berlusconi did own ac milan. real madrid always get helped out by the spanish government.

transfers excite the fans i guess, you want to see players that are good signing for the club

TRD

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by toejam
none of the players have long term contracts?

I'm not one hundred per cent sure but i think if they are under 21 they can be signed for longer. Most players nowadays sign a four year deal and then get an extension on the contract after 2 years.

When you say jumping from team to team, i would say a pretty good players career will last for 17 years and most players will move a couple of times when they hit there mid twenty's. The bigger clubs tend to tie their best players to longer contracts, if they did want to move on they still would command a decent fee for them even if they only had one year left on their contract.

It's not so much now about the highest bidder its what the clubs are offering the player in wages per year. You see it happen alot, some players will want to go to a club who are offering the most in wages and not offering the biggest fee to the club. The clubs will want as much as they can get for a player but it doesn't always happen.

Even just rumors spark interest and get sales. I remember once a player was going to sign for a club, they made the shirts up with his name on them and started selling them. Yep you guessed it the player never arrived...

top topics

join