It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European: Guti unhappy at Real Madrid

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Real Madrid midfielder Guti believes he has been unjustly made the club's scapegoat by coach Carlos Queiroz this season.

The Spaniard was recently dropped from the team, losing his place in midfield as Queiroz looked to arrest Madrid's slide out of title contention.

Guti feels that he has become an easy target for criticism in a poor season for last year's Spanish champions.

Guti was frustrated at being frozen out of the team at the beginning of the season, when David Beckham joined, and if there are more arrivals this summer then his prospects of first-team football will further diminish.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Real Madrid's Guti has revealed he wants to play in the Premiership.

The 28-year-old has been linked with Liverpool, and has been pictured in English newspapers shaking hands with Steven Gerrard on a beach in Ibiza.

He said: "There is nothing concrete, but I have always said that if I left Madrid, I would like to play in England. The English league is ideal."

source

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 04:17 AM
link   
He simply isn't good enough to hold down a first team place at Madrid, I think it's odds on that he will leave this summer.

new topics

join