It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coca-Cola Divisions: Thick Mick Sacked!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Sunderland Manager Mick McCarthy has been sacked!

I guess he wasnt going to get them out of trouble, still... i thought he would have got till the end of the season so he could walk away.

How long did he have on his contract to go?

Kevin Ball, i think he might end up getting the job full time. Hes a Sunderland man through and through right?

Sunderland have sacked manager Mick McCarthy after three years in charge.

The club are 16 points adrift of safety at the foot of the Premiership and said it was "in the best interests of both parties for him to leave immediately".

Assistant Academy manager Kevin Ball has been put in charge for the last 10 matches of the season with a permanent appointment to be made in the summer.

source

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Reading the article...

"The club did not return to the Premiership just to make up the numbers and whilst we fully expected it to be a tough first season back, none of us expected to be in the position we are today.

Thats from the Chairman..

When you look at the 3 times who went up, West Ham have spent and with Blackburn, they are aseasoned premiership team. So Both the Hammers and Hughes team, have been in there alot.

Sunderland, they come and go but i dont recall Mick getting a penny to spend on players.

I remebmer them getting Hoyte on loan from Arsenal and i dont really think there is much managers who could have got them to do better

TRD

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Well if you look at West Ham before we bought Ashton, we didnt spend that much..

Sunderland was just not good enough for the Prem. They thought they did so well in the Championship league that they would survive easy with what they had. McCarthy wont be getting another job in awhile either, he is rubbish...

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I dont really rate him as a manager either.

I was thinking, i think one of the players came out and said whats it all about, 10 games to go sacking the manager.

Do you think the Chairman has looked at you and blackburn and thought, if they are doing it why not us?

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Good evening.....

You may have noticed an intentional mistake with me saying Blackburn instead of Wigan.

I was doing this to see if TRD would pick up on it, but i dont think he has

TRD

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Tired lol....

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
I am a lazy a$$ lol....

And you call yourself a machine!

top topics

join