It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coca-Cola Divisions: Coca Cola Championship Playoff thread!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Well the regular season has ended and the lucky teams are:

Ipswich
Preston
Derby
West Ham

It's Ipswich v West Ham, Preston v Derby...

A couple of tough games in which i can see Derby coasting through, they have lost one of the strikers (Rasiak) through injury but i think they are just a bit too strong for Preston over the two legs. Derby beat them 3-1 at home on the last day and i think it should be a walk-over for them. Burley has done a fantastic job since he became manager and it looked like they was going to get relegeted before he took them over.

The West Ham v Ipswich tie will be the tougher of the two. Ipswich are 2-1 favourites to win the play-offs outright but have looked ordinary at times. They suffered a big blow in not getting automatic promotion and it could go two ways with them. It could hit them hard and lose thier form or come out all guns blazing. West Ham will have to be at thier best and Pardew will have to get his tactics spot on. Over the two legs i can see West Ham pulling it out of the bag...

TRD

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Derby got beat 2-0 and the Hammers drew 2-2, so its going to be interesting in the 2nd legs.

Derby put up a poor showing and did look like they missed Rasiak. If they don't improve they are going out for sure. I think Preston will have enough and will beat them. As for West Ham we blew a 2 goal lead and will be up against it away from home. We definatly had the better first half and the 2nd half was more even. We should have won and if we don't win the 2nd leg, we only have ourselfs to blame.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 06:50 AM
link   
West Ham v Preston final, with Preston going up, hope I'm wrong.

TRD

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I still think Derby have a shot at turning it around, our game will be real tough and if we play like we did in the second half of the first leg then were going out...

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Derby are gone, no way are they coming back.

As for us, can't wait for tonight, hopefully it won't be another disappointment.

TRD

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Half time and West Ham finished the stronger in quite an even first half.. We need to keep the pressure on in the second half....

TRD

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
2nd half and the Hammers are leading 2-0!! Looks like we may well hold on and make it to the play-off final!

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Have it, we are on the way to the Prem

TRD

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Derby v Preston should be a good game... I still think derby might turn it around...

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 06:08 AM
link   
We fricking did it! Come on the boys!!!!

new topics

top topics

join