It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coca-Cola Divisions: Bruce keen on Appiah?

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Bruce looks to be getting a bit ambitious....

Birmingham City manager Steve Bruce has confirmed that Juventus midfielder Stephan Appiah is a summer transfer target. Appiah is likely to be one of the most in-demand players in Europe at the end of the season after struggling to secure regular football this term.

LINK

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
what a signing he would be, i think he played for parma before juve? african player with a good rep in italy.

hes behind emerson at juve, who is class and taccinhardi who is also good.

he will face a battle and i dunno, would he want to leave italy?

Sir

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 05:40 AM
link   
There is talks that Bruce can walk away from his contract due to the clause in it. I can't see him going anywhere unless Man United come calling, so he might be able to sign this guy. He should be available at a reasonable price but it looks like there will be alot of interest in him.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
i think there will be alot of intrest, playing at Juven your name is heard off.

i dunno, juventus to birmingham, a big step down i think its fair to say.

in the game tonight, juventus vs Lazio there is no sign of this Appiah guy

TRD

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
That makes it interesting if he wasn't playing, i read there is two clubs in Europe and three at least from the Prem looking at him. So they would be hard pushed to get him, but they did manage to get Pandiani, which was a surprise.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
i think its safe to say Capello doesnt want him. today they had alot of players missing and there was no sign of him, and they where short of midfield/attacking options though he is a bit defensive in midfield.

i think its safe to say hes in the Pandiani class, if they keep him, sign appiah and hold onto pennant, it looks the making of a good team

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Middlesbrough have attempted to head off any move by Everton for Juventus midfielder Stephan Appiah by lodging an official approach to the Turin club for the African.

Appiah looks to be on borrowed time at the Old Lady, with coach Fabio Capello having a wealth of midfield options at his disposal, and Juve are ready to listen to offers for the 24-year-old Ghanaian.

Boro boss Steve McClaren has held a long-term interest in the former Parma man, but it emerged recently that Appiah had caught the eye of Toffees chief David Moyes.

skysports.planetfootball.com...

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 05:22 AM
link   
He is good but if big clubs are after him then why would he go to Birmingham?

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
i think out of the team who want him in england, everton would intrest him the most but as they signed Davies, petrov is being linked again i dunno if they will pursue it. and then there is parker too lol.

middlesbrough have made a bid and have the lead on Birmingham. and i think they have a few players who have bigger repuations that Birmingham. e.g. downing, yakubu. so i think so far, they the team most likely to sign him

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I was thinking more of him not coming to England.
Birmingham though lol

top topics

join