It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Year of the "Monkey"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I am not going to give my predictions 'yet'..I have some pertaining to the world at large and for others' including myself. I'm more interested to know how you all predict the coming 'year of the monkey' to be for yourself? Do you feel it will be one of the better years? Do you sense a great change? What do you foresee for yourself?

Isn't it ironic..that it will be under the monkey.I just found that out today!
Mags

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 05:13 PM
link   
personally i can see a lot of change, both monetry and spiritually.

my love life (what love life lol) will improve and i will have lots of fun.

my appearence will change but it will also stay the same.

for the world, i cant see much changing. maybe a shift in power in asia (possibly indonesia or thailand)

i can see the US economy recovering.

overall i think the year of the monkey will be the best year out of the last 3 or 4 years.

would anyone like to be read (i.e would you like your fortune told)

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 05:21 PM
link   
2004 is the Year of the Monkey!

Excellent.

I am going to politely ask an ATS friend for a personal Monkey astrological reading...

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Does anyone know what characteristics one may equate with the year of the monkey?

I'm hoping it has something to do with intelligence because we could use more of that in the world right now.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Actually, i was born in a year of monkey..

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I think my lifestyle is going to change in 2004.

The biggest being that I will be moving to a new locale.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I'll probably be moving house. Big change on the relationship front too.

The past two years have been some of the most trying, crappy ones of my life. Please God it starts getting better now.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Well I'm hoping that in the year of the monkey we will see end of the biggest monkey of the all: Bush.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I cannot agree more with earthtone (of the striking new avatar), and my own prediction has already resolved that that will happen.

I predict in my own life that I will be doing quite a bit more research on the matters that interest me most.

[Edited on 17-12-2003 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Some basic stuff about the Year of the Monkey (my son is a Monkey year child. Oh boy, is he EVER a Monkey year child!!!)

Technically, it's the Green Wooden Monkey year:
www.chinesefortunecalendar.com...

January 22,2004 is the first day in the Year of the Monkay.
It is Year 4701 by Chinese calendar.

But it's not that simple, Grasshopper! From that site...

The Chinese New Year day is on January 22nd, 2004. Because this is a new moon day, it is the first day of the first Chinese lunar month in the Chinese Lunar Calendar system. The new moon time is at 05:05 on 22-Jan-04 in China time zone. However, the new moon time is at 13:05 of 21-Jan-04 in the US Pacific Standard Time and also at 10:05 of 21-Jan-04 in the US Eastern Standard Time, so the Chinese New Year day is on January 21st, 2004 for USA time zones.

In China, the first day of the Green Monkey Year is February 4th, 2004 in the Fortune-Telling Calendar system, because February 4th, 2004 is the first day of Tiger month and the Tiger month is the first month of a year in Chinese Fortune-Telling Calendar system.

In the Chinese Fortune-Telling calendar, the first day of the first month, Tiger month, is called "Start of Spring", which is when the sun enters the 315th degree on the tropical zodiac. In the China time zone, the time of Start of Spring is at 02-04 19:56. So the first day of the Green Monkey year 2004 is on 04-Feb-03. For USA, the time of Start of Spring is on 02-03 at 03:56 PST, therefore the first day of 2004 Chinese astrology calendar in USA is same to China time zone. If a baby was born on or after the Start of Spring, then she or he is a Green Monkey in the family.

The Year 2004 (Green Monkey) is the 4701st Chinese year. The Chinese believe that the first king of China was the Yellow King (he was not the first emperor of China). The Yellow King became king in 2697 B.C., therefore China will enter the 4701st year on February 4th, 2004. Also, the Chinese Year uses the cycle of 60 Stem-Branch counting systems and the Green Monkey is the 21st Stem-Branch in the cycle. Since 4700 = (60 *78) + 21, therefore this Green Monkey Year is the 4701st Chinese Year.

Some web sites say the year 2004 is the 4702nd Chinese year. If you cannot find the explanation, here is a possible answer for you. The Yellow King's inauguration was held in the spring of 2697 B.C. But the calendar of Yellow King used the winter solstice day as the first day of the year. So the first winter solstice was on around December 23rd, 2698 B.C. Today's January 1st means nothing to Yellow King. If we count that extra eight days in 2698 B.C. for a year, then year 2004 is the 4702nd Chinese year.

And more about the year:

The major elements in the Green Monkey are Wood and Metal. According to the Five Element Relationship, we know there is a conflict between Wood and Metal. So the disputes and arguments are there for many people in 2004. Fortunately, there are some Water inside the Monkey. Water is the key to make Wood and Metal get along peacefully. The reason is from Five Element relationships. Metal supports Water. Water supports Wood. A Water person is a good friend of a Metal and a Wood person. So Metal people and Wood people have the chance to shake hands. Water stands for wisdom in Chinese astrology. That means it always has a solution for the disagreement from Wood and Metal using your wisdom(Water) in 2004.

You can look up your personal element on that page and compare it to the Green Wooden Monkey.

This can be useful and interesting -- I'm "White Dragon" and was born in the year of the "brown cow" (how, now?) And dragon has always been one of my totems.

I expect that I'll continue to do well in school, will make at least two presentations at professional conferences, get one paper published (though probably in the popular press), get one project grant funded, and in general will be happy and busy. My family will do well (and my spouse and I will be paying for college courses for 4 of us!)

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
I cannot agree more with earthtone (of the striking new avatar), and my own prediction has already resolved that that will happen.

I predict in my own life that I will be doing more research on the primates that interest me most.

I really hope your prediction is right MA, for the good of the world.

P.S My new avatar looks like me!

top topics

join