It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coca-Cola Divisions: Palace 1 Birmingham 0

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Andy Johnson returned to former club Birmingham and scored the only goal to earn Crystal Palace a 1-0 win which leaves the Blues looking nervously over their shoulders.

Johnson headed to Selhurst Park in the deal which took Clinton Morrison to St Andrews - but he left Steve Bruce watching on enviously as he grabbed his eighth goal of the season - just before the half-time break.

Bruce's hosts dominated the opening half and saw Jesper Gronkjaer, Matthew Upson and Julian Gray draw fine saves out of Palace keeper Gabor Kiraly.

But they were made to pay for their profligacy when a quick counter-attack saw Wayne Routledge feed Johnson, who coolly slotted a low shot past Maik Taylor on 41 minutes.

Blues huffed and puffed after the break, with Kiraly saving a low Mario Melchiot drive and close-range attempts from Emile Heskey and Gronkjaer.

But their lack of cutting edge again proved costly and Palace leapfrogged them in the table.

Palace have been putting it together lately and with the pressure off them as they have been branded relegation material they are playing much better. Wether it is enough to keep them up this season remains to be seen as there is a long way to go but all the points will help.....

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Go Palace! I have a Palace Jersey from when they were in the league below what there in now! I got it a few years back!

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
i think they have gathered up a few points in there last few games? a good victory as birmingham are a half decent side

TRD

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Yeah Palace did really well to win and they have gained a few points recently.

I have them down as dead certs to go down but the way other teams are playing anything can happen yet.

join