It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coca-Cola Divisions: Bryan Robson takes the helm

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Bryan Robson and Micky Adams have both expressed an interest in the vacant managerial position at West Brom. After Sir Bobby Robson distanced himself from reports that he has been approached to replace Gary Megson, two of the other names in the frame were happy to admit their interest in taking over at The Hawthorns. Bryan Robson has been linked with the post in tandem with his namesake Sir Bobby and the two worked together at the recent Sky One event The Match. The former Newcastle United boss made 239 appearances for West Brom between 1956 and 1962 but he has played down talk of a direct approach from the Albion board.

However, Bryan Robson told The Express & Star: "I shall be applying. I've heard that rumour about me and Sir Bobby but I can assure you I have not spoken to him.

"But it is definitely a job I would be interested in."

Adams has also thrown his hat into the ring after his recent departure from Leicester City.

"I made it clear I want to get back into it as soon as possible and this is obviously a post that would interest me," affirmed Adams.

LMA chief executive John Barnwell has hit out at speculation regarding Sir Bobby Robson and the West Brom position.

"Today, out of the blue, Gary Megson is no longer the West Brom manager and immediately there's Bobby Robson's name as though he is going to walk through the door," Barnwell told Sky Sports News.

"Bobby Robson is still negotiating with Newcastle United over the settlement of his contract.

"So it is just people speculating and speculating very wildly with no real evidence of the conversations.

"He is negotiating over his contract which was terminated. The negotiations are still going on and we're optimistic that it could be settled in the very near future.

"One would hope it would be before Christmas otherwise we would be very upset with it."

Skysports

[Edited on 9/11/04 by TRD]

TRD

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Glenn Hoddle, Gerard Houllier and Gordon Strachan are believed to be the prime targets of West Brom chairman Jeremy Peace to replace Gary Megson as manager.

The experienced trio are understood to be at the top of Peace's hit-list after Megson's four-and-a-half-year reign was abruptly ended on Tuesday evening.

It is an indication that Peace is prepared to splash out big money to find the right person to keep Albion in the Premiership as Hoddle, Houllier and Strachan would not come cheaply.

Sportinglife

TRD

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Glenn Hoddle believes West Brom will announce their new manager on Monday and claims he turned down the chance to manage the midlands club.

Hoddle was ruled out of the running for the Baggies vacancy by the club's chairman Jeremy Peace on Saturday night, but the former Tottenham manager insisted he had already decided it was not the job for him.

TRD

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
West Brom are remaining tight-lipped over reports Bryan Robson is set to be named the new Baggies boss.

Robson is the bookmakers' favourite to take over at The Hawthorns as Gary Megson replacement.

Former England boss Glenn Hoddle ruled himself out of the running over the weekend and chairman Jeremy Peace appears to pin his hopes on Robson rather than a high-profile appointment.

The 47-year-old former Albion midfielder struggled as a manager at Middlesbrough before failing to prevent Bradford City's relegation into Coca-Cola League One last season.

Sportinglife

TRD

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Bryan Robson has finally ended his unwanted three-and-a-half-year exile from the Premiership by taking charge of West Brom.

Robson believes his rocky final season at Middlesbrough has been held against him.

His otherwise successful seven-year spell on Teesside ended with Terry Venables being brought in to work alongside him before he parted company with the club in the summer of 2001.

Since then Robson's only involvement in football management has been at cash-strapped Bradford City but now the former England captain is back in the top flight with the club he graced as a player in the late 1970s.

Forty seven-year-old Robson has signed a 12-month rolling contract after being appointed as Gary Megson's successor.

Sportinglife

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I think he will do quite well. They won't be a massive club and might even go down, but I think he's a solid manager.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
good luck to him. its gonna be hard job i think. WBA not that bit and no where near the money other teams have. he has a good taste in players though.

join