It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coca-Cola Divisions: Dowie: AJ's not for sale

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Crystal Palace manager has warned other clubs off Eagles star Andy Johnson, who has netted seven goals in the Premiership this season.

The 23-year-old former Birmingham City striker was a key figure in Palace's promotion to the top-flight and has continued to impress, his latest outing bringing two goals in the 3-0 win over West Brom.

Dowie commented: "It would have to be a big club because we'd want big money.

"I wouldn't sell him. He's got everything, he's brave, quick and is developing into a cute finisher and he's only 23.

"Andy's not for sale under any circumstances. He's the crown jewels and he's just signed a five-year contract. The answer would be a firm no to anyone who picks up the phone.

"He deserves the adulation because he works his socks off and is very self-effacing. He's very intense about his work effort and a bubbly character who's settled in his surroundings.

4thegame

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
the striker has pledged to stay there

Crystal Palace ace Andy Johnson has pledged to stay at the club.

Johnson has been linked with a possible move away from Palace when the transfer window reopens with Liverpool reported be keen on his signature.

Eagles boss Iain Dowie insists he does not want to lose Johnson fearing they would suffer relegation if he was to leave Selhurst Park.

Johnson is adamant he has no plans to leave as he is happy enjoying his football at Palace.

link

[Edited on 1/1/05 by rynaldo82]

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
i seen he scored more goals 2day, this guy is on some form, and i wouldnt be suprised if other teams look at him. he doing the job for them

TRD

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
There has been quite a bit of interest in him, i guess it all depends if they can bring in a decent striker to play along side him. He might stay then, but he always said he will. Not that amounts too much nowadays...

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
They need to keep him full stop. He is the only one scoring goals for him and if he goes they certainly will go down.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
yer, he looks a loyal player, and it wouldnt be about money if he where to go. i think his heart is there, and for the club, they are really lucky to have him

top topics

join