It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coca-Cola Divisions: Bruce tips Gray for the top

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Birmingham City manager Steve Bruce is backing Julian Gray to challenge for international honours, following an impressive start to his St Andrew's career. The 25-year-old former Crystal Palace star has impressed both in midfield and at left-back for the Blues and Bruce is tipping his man for the top.

He said: "I'm not surprised with the way Julian has started for us because that's why I brought him here.

"Of the summer signings, he is the one who has slipped quietly into here, but I did say at the time that he could be the surprise package and the supporters have quickly taken to him.

"I know he has had a couple of odd outings at this level before he came here, but this is his first real taste of it and you have seen already why we were anxious to bring him here.

"We haven't got many in this country who can do what he does at international level. Left-sided English players are being cried out for.

"If he keeps on improving, who knows? He is only just 25 and has got everything in front of him. He is a great athlete and has that way of going past people.

"But he has also done well at left-back."

4thegame

new topics

join