It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coca-Cola Divisions: Baggies plan January swoop for Hustzi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Gary Megson has lined up his next transfer target in his battle to secure West Brom's Premiership status - Ferencvaros star Szabolcs Huszti.

The Albion boss remains under pressure after clocking up just one victory this season and he knows he has to keep winning to blow away the storm clouds gathering over his head.

He pulled off a major coup with the capture of Hungarian skipper Zolton Gera - the man who engineered last weekend's vital 2-1 win over high-flying Bolton Wanderers.

And now he is aiming to clinch the capture of another Hungarian star when the transfer window reopens at the end of the year.

Huszti is the man who tops Megson's New Year shopping list and sources inside the club say talks are already ongoing with the player, who could cost around £700,000.

Huszti is an international team-mate of Gera and he is currently playing for Ferencvaros but he is out of contract at the end of the season and they are looking to bank money for his signature.

Albion chairman Jeremy Peace has played down rumours that Huszti will be their next major signing - but he has already assured Megson that money will be made available to strengthen his squad further once he can start shopping in the January transfer window.

Can't recall seeing anything of this guy, it's a shame the league is being flooded with these players. He could be good, but I'd prefer some homegrown talent to make the breakthrough.

TRD

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I've never heard of him either. The Baggies are not playing that bad and i think they have a good chance to stay up. They was unlucky when they went down last time.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Good workman team. I'd be worried about the dross that being brought in though. Ipswich did this last time they were in the top flight, good honest team who were a mid table banker, they bought a load of johnny foreigners and went down.

TRD

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Ferencvaros are waiting for an improved bid from West Brom for Szabolcs Huszti.

The Baggies have so far been unsuccessful in their attempts to land the Hungarian midfielder, but they have now been set a firm price.

Hungarian league leaders Ferencvaros are in a tricky state financially and will be forced to try and generate some funds during the winter transfer window.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Thought he was a fullback.

top topics

join