It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coca-Cola Divisions: Baggies eye big name deals

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 07:37 AM
link   
West Brom boss Gary Megson has conceded that he needs to bring a better quality of player into the club if they are to beat the drop.

The Baggies chief has already pulled off one of the surprise transfer captures of the summer with the acquisition of Nwankwo Kanu and his aim is to bring more new faces to The Hawthorns.

Megson believes his biggest stumbling block is an inability to convince top names of the potential of The Baggies but is confident the signing of Kanu can help convince others to do likewise.

link

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
may not be the biggest name but this guy is good, celtic where strongly linked with him a while ago, i think he scored a hat trick ro wales aaginst scotland too

West Brom have completed the signing of Robert Earnshaw from Cardiff in a club record £3 million deal.
The Welsh international has inked a three-year deal at The Hawthorns, with the option of another year, after passing a medical and agreeing personal terms.

West Brom boss Gary Megson has been chasing a new striker all summer to partner Kanu.

link

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
looks like they are after former fulham and arsenal star inamoto. he is a big name in japan

Reports in Japan suggest that West Brom are set to snap up Japanese star Junichi Inamoto.

Inamoto recently left English football after two year's at Fulham failed to bring the permanent deal he desired.

link

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
here is quite a big name they got, i remember a few seasons back this guy was at ac milan

West Bromwich Albion have completed the signing of Romanian defender Cosmin Contra.

The international full back has agreed a year-long loan deal from Spanish giants Atletico Madrid.

West Brom have confirmed that the deal will see them pay Atletico for every appearance the former Milan star makes.

link

TRD

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Good signing for them. I wonder if they will get inamoto or not, it will be intersting to see if they do. I think he is a pretty good player and needs a good run in a side to show what he can do.

top topics

join