It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oak Island

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Hi, this is my first post, im not sure if this topic has been mentioned before, but has anyone heard of or have any ideas on the Mystery of Oak Island. I had a chance to Visit this place as a kid and its kept me curious ever since....

www.oakislandtreasure.com...

any thoughts?

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I'm familiar with it and did a little reading on it a very long time ago. I'm sort of ambiguous on this one: the conditions are dangeours and people have been killed trying to get at the "treasure"... seems reasonable, though, if it was that dangerous to dig up that it would have been that dangerous (or worse) to bury.

So they should have found it by now.

On the other hand, geologic conditions might have changed.

I'd love to approach Woods Hole and shovelbums (archaeological society members) in the area and propose a good survey and a dig. However, at this point I don't have enough time to start the project (it would require being there or having a good research team and a 2-3 month study on-site.)

Still... (g) Intriguing mystery. Someday I mgiht grab a team of archaeologists and biologists and go!

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Thanks Byrd,
I believe "the Dig" is exactly the problem.
Several attempts have been made at digging down, all have failed due to water flooding the dig. Its completely Booby trapped. The current owner of the island is supposeldly a Mason and seems to Have Alot of interest in the hole itself. I was originally under the impression that this was just a pirates treasure but rumour is its more than just a treasure down there.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Ah Oak Island,

one of the great mysteries.

thanks for bringing it up, surprised that this is the first I have seen it here.

some believe that the ark is buried there? not sure myself.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I first heard about it when I was pretty young on an old "In Search Of" episode and have seen it on a few others since then...it's always intruiged me...especialy now that I heard a possible connection to the Rennes-le-Ch�teau mystery...

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 09:52 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 10:11 AM
link   
the solution is on a old post,, this is it pretty much,, french aristocrats dug a special pit to hide treasure,, they got a few engineers and some miners and slaves to dig it all,, there was an entrance hidden that was a very small crawl space to gain access,, but we messed all that up when the digging caused the chamber to cave in,, if u read carefully the pit dropped 40 feet suddenly at one point,,there is a french script that describes this and a link was referenced in the previous thread,, but it puts it all together and makes alot of sense,,

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 10:46 AM
link   
this is the first time that i have ever heard of oak island. thanks for bringing it to light.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I've also found an article that suggests a link with the knights Templar.

www.oakislandtreasure.co.uk...

The crazy thing about Oak Island is that its not even listed on the map anymore, I would have been 11 when i visited it the first time with my familly, they had tours of the island and we actually got to see the money pit...at that time It WAS on the map, thats how we found the spot.
I recently went down to Halifax N.S.(bout 45 miuntes away) with friends and we decided to take the tour, only to find that it wasnt on any of the maps we owned. I guess they dont allow tourists anymore and the new owner has placed security devices on the island to keep folks out.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Bluecollar,

have you heard the BTO song 'bluecollar?'

anyways good call,

the Pirates are indeed linked with the Templars as it is believed that when heat got to much for them in Europe they took some of their riches and went to sea to hassle the fleets of the aristocracy and the vatican. Probably wanted to make some cash too I imagine.

If the Templars ever did have the Ark, then it is possible that they may have wanted to hide it somewhere very safe and secretive. The Ark if it does exist and is what it is rumoured to be would be one of the greatest treasures known to humanity, and certainly worthy of the greatest efforts to hide it and protect it.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Yessr, i know it,

I used the name because Its actually the name of a song that My band has written as well.

I got to see Randy A few years back, wasnt as cool as seeing bto, but a good drunk none the less.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 01:05 PM
link   
As long as I remember I was even called a loony when I told that Templar Knights buried there their Baphomet
Link about Baphomet
Another Link (more information)

[Edited on 3-12-2003 by Agnis]

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agnis
As long as I remember I was even called a loony when I told that Templar Knights buried there their Baphomet
Link about Baphomet

[Edited on 3-12-2003 by Agnis]

crazy link

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Thanks ExDog!

Great article!!

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 03:15 PM
link   
ok im going to finf the old thread for u guys,, theres alot of evidence to support the french theory,,documents were found in france that told where it was,, how it was built, and the fact the killed the 20 miners and burned their bones,, guess what has been found? a pile of bone ash not too far from the dig site,, see the pit was the exit,, it was never meant to be an access point,, and when they hit the point with the clue about 40 feet below is the trasure the whole place caved in because they passed a point where there was a water trap built that flooded the place,, i mean come on,, what more proof do u need? 200 y/o documents in a library in france saying exactly the money pit is

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluecollar
Thanks ExDog!

Great article!!

Agnis gets credit for the link...but hey...glad to help

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Here's the old thread...check it out...

Great stuff there...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

On the web, search for "money pit" as well....

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 08:46 AM
link   
it aint so much what theylll find, its what theyll be letting out, some things are better left alone... but me personally want to dig it up....

top topics

join