It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boxing: Maybe Roy Jones Was Hit More Than I Thought

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   

10.10.04 - By Frank Lotierzo - [email protected] - Last night I watched the HBO replay of last weeks Trinidad-Mayorga middleweight clash. Trinidad looked just as precise and brilliant and Mayorga showed great toughness and heart. The bottom line is Trinidad is a league above Mayorga as a world class fighter. From a style match up, Mayorga doesn't have tool one to beat Trinidad with. Mayorga's only shot is to catch Tito with a bomb that he didn't see and possibly stop him. However, Tito showed a sturdy chin and a solid defense in making Mayorga repeatedly miss during the fight.

After the showing of Trinidad-Mayorga, HBO had a round table discussion in which they recapped what transpired in the fight. The topic debated was the impact of Trinidad's sensational victory and what it means for the great sport of Boxing. The round table panel consisted of HBO broadcasters Jim Lampley and Larry Merchant and color commentator former four time Champion Roy Jones.

CLICK HERE FOR FULL STORY

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Who does he think he is kidding!!

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeflonDon
Who does he think he is kidding!!

I dunno but he obviously still thinks he's the $hit. Whatever Roy...whatever. :smug:

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I guess he needed that ego to get where he did but loose it now, it's over!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TeflonDon

roy use to have lightning fast reflexes. boxers (even fast boxers) would swing as fast as they could. normally they would hit their target twenty percent of the time. but against a prime roy jones, it was like trying to hit smoke. if roy jones would have studied boxing basics a little more, he might have had a few more years of success. but he didn't have to learn.

roy should have fought mike tyson after the john ruiz fight. that would have been a huge pay per view show.

-subfab

top topics

join