It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real or fake Xmas tree, green or white?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I like both kinds but this year I'm going with the fake Xmas tree although the smell of fresh pine is appealing.

Definitely green. Although the idea of a white Xmas tree is suppose to rep a snow covered tree, it doesn't quite cut it in the fake variety. Tacky, tacky.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 08:25 AM
link   
A fake and green tree has more "Christmassy" colors....you can use multi-colored lights and ornaments.
With a white tree most people use only white lights and gold and silver...which I personally also think is tacky. Traditionally people would cut down their own tree and only decorated it with hand made ornaments..but...that takes a lot of time.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Hey!!!

I've got a white Christmas tree....but we just have silver, white, and blue ornaments and lights... I can assure you, it looks quite nice

Hardly tacky...it's actually rather trendy... We usually have a second, green tree upstairs, and that's the one that has the handmade ornaments, ones collected over the years, etc.

BTW, there's some good pine scent sprays out there for fake trees... I like a real tree as much as the next person, but I don't like dealing with the needles, or expense of buying something that will just die....(and we need a tall tree, so that'd be pricey...)

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Here's a pic of the tree...

and a closeup for a better idea....

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Fake and green here, it's just a little one.
I love the smell of real trees when they're being put up and decorated. It's still so fresh.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Fake, its easier to put up and take down, no fire hazard worries, and i don't have to feel guilty for killing anything

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I just have an aluminum pole.

A Festivus for the rest of us.

Can't wait for the feats of strength, I am so gonna kick ass.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 02:47 AM
link   
We lost our fake (very realistic looking) green tree somehow when moving house and went out and bought a white tree thinking it would look very trendy and now. Bad mistake it just looks insanely camp and totally tacky. Might try the blue decs though, that's a look.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 02:57 AM
link   
real......its expensive.....but there is nothing like waking up and goin downstairs for a cup of coffee and smelling the freash pine scent and being reminded what season it is......

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 10:20 AM
link   
That is true...but the sticky sap all over my fingers, and the thousands of needles that are near impossible to get up...as well as the cost factor, transport issues, maintenance, etc. just aren't worth it.....

I love the way mine comes apart in 3 pieces, and all the branches are hinged, and simply fold up (with the lights staying on...) Sweet....

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 12:07 PM
link   
We have both fake and real every year...

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 12:20 PM
link   
We got a real live green one.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I love the way mine comes apart in 3 pieces, and all the branches are hinged, and simply fold up (with the lights staying on...) Sweet....

Now that's what I call low maintenance.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Low maintenance..... I like it....sounds so much better than "lazy"

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Seriously, when I grow older and have moved to an appartment of my own... I would really like a real Christmas tree without the snow. Don't know, but when I look at society I get more and more the feeling all the green is going away, and that is not something which I like. So green and real Christmas tree for me

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I always go with the real deal.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Can't stand all white tree's and thing that the metallic ones are pretty out there too. I do think that some of the new small green trees with fiber optic lights are pretty cool though.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by greenkoolaid

LOL hehe I almost forgot about festivus!!

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 12:20 AM
link   

What about the airing of grievences?

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy

What about the airing of grievences?

yes we need an airing!! I have many grievences this year!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join