It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

police state?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 02:16 AM
link   
That's it, pull the cops off of the street and get ready to insert soldiers as the "police force". Slowly but surely this is not looking good.

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by mooseofterror
That's it, pull the cops off of the street and get ready to insert soldiers as the "police force". Slowly but surely this is not looking good.

www.usatoday.com...

I agree 100%. I think people need to make a stand and fight for what they believe in. That will be hard being that most everyone seems to be blind by the facts,but the strong will overcome. Might take 1 year, might take 10 years but faith is stronger than all.

BTW>nice signature

[Edited on 3-12-2003 by DipSchnit]

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Ditto...............
Too many cannot see it yet for it to change any time real soon, the police state thing is just the obvious reaction to some waking up.
Go and think about how many ways you are left to get by, if you realistically look at the options which most consider to be you realise that they are becoming more limited all the time.
Simplify, stop chasing prizes which will be fought over by the vultures when you pass.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 06:02 AM
link   
If you think about, first the draft boards, now funding for police being cut. I can't believe the people of America don't get it. I think another attack by america on another nation is going to happen before the next election. Still at war and bush doesn't have to give up his "appointed" position. Another war means more troops, pissed off citizens, and maybe we see the draft starting.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 06:15 AM
link   

If you think about, first the draft boards, now funding for police being cut. I can't believe the people of America don't get it. I think another attack by america on another nation is going to happen before the next election. Still at war and bush doesn't have to give up his "appointed" position. Another war means more troops, pissed off citizens, and maybe we see the draft starting.

Im not trying to be judgemental here, but not everyone thinks fighting this war on terror is all that bad. Especially if targets like Iran and Syria are involved. Bush has to give up his appointed office if he loses the election. We will see in November 2004 what the people of this nation really think about Bush.
The sad part is we are going to probably have people bitch about his born-again christian ass til' 08'.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamz

Im not trying to be judgemental here, but not everyone thinks fighting this war on terror is all that bad. Especially if targets like Iran and Syria are involved. Bush has to give up his appointed office if he loses the election. We will see in November 2004 what the people of this nation really think about Bush.
The sad part is we are going to probably have people bitch about his born-again christian ass til' 08'.

Dreamz what do u think so so good about this so called war on terror ? As i see it the terror is only coming from one side, the bush one. But never mind, why do u think its good to have military controlling the streets ? Didnt we invent the police for this...and why do you think its good that people can just be elected to go to war, as i understand thats the idea behind this draft stuff....iam also a sceptic, thats why i question :]]

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I started the thread as information and so others could maybe help theorize and expand on the direction all this is leading. If the country is at at war , then there doesn't have to be an election?? I think I saw this posted elsewhere, am I wrong?

One question though,

Originally posted by Dreamz

quote:
We will see in November 2004 what the people of this nation really think about Bush.

Will we see what the PEOPLE really think?
My guess is... # no!! Which makes you right about 2008

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
This was the scene behind the coffee shop in my little town today. I happened to notice a bunch of cops in camouflage fatigues on my way home from work. Why in the hell would cops ever need camouflage? Isn't this blurring the line between police and military? There were alot more of them, before I went back to go to the bank. It looked like the entire police force. I don't get it. I have a feeling this is becoming more common place, though. I can't help but think of Alex Jones and "Police State".

Army Cops 1
Army Cops 2
Army Cops 3
Army Cops 4

Sorry, bad quality pics. My camera doesn't do distance shots too well.

Here's my original thread. I just thought I'd post it here too, since it's relative to the subject.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[Edited on 5-7-2004 by Satyr]

join