It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

***SCREEEEEEAAAAAAMMMMM***

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I quit smoking yesterday, and I'm going to PULL MY !#@3, !#$!$#@, !#@$!@#% (*&^ HAIR OUT.

I would like to say I feel better but I DON'T!!!!!!!!!!

[Edited on 27-12-2003 by ThePrankMonkey]

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 07:54 PM
link   
have you got any plans for what to spend the money that you save on? If it's something good then keep that in mind and keep watching the cash build up.
I was lucky, I gave up smoking about 15 years ago when I fell pregnant and it was easy cause smoking made me hurl

good luck with it.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Try to hang on, glan.
I quit about 2 months ago, and it's still a nightmare.
Are you using the patch, or Zyban or anything?

-B.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Hang in there. Just look at what people look like after long-term smoking. Wrinkly like a prune face, thinning hair, bad teeth, overall big-time health decline...

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 11:15 PM
link   
You forgot one of the problems you can get: Ever see those people with the holes in their throats, and they have to talk with artifical voice boxes? They look gross cuz they're always leaking mucus out their throatholes.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I know it can be hard glan but try and stick with it. You'll be glad you quit.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I'm going on 4 months smoke free. Get the patch!!!! I could not do it before the patch. I am mild tempered, but I was punching holes in the wall the first few times I tried to quit. It's worth it, just focus yourself forward and stay busy, you'll find yourself going longer and longer without thinking about it. Best of luck!

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Just think of something else when the need comes back, and keep your mind busy. You can also try meditation to resist the temptation.

It will be 1 year on january 21 for me, and it's the probably the wisest decision I ever took.

Hang on dude. You'll know your self better, and it's a good time to know if you have will power or not.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee
Try to hang on, glan.
I quit about 2 months ago, and it's still a nightmare.
Are you using the patch, or Zyban or anything?

-B.

No I'm using Copennagen
, I was using the patch, and it helped a little. I'm doing pretty good now though. I figure I can quit chewing easier than I can smoking.

WE WILL SEE.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 01:28 PM
link   
i quit over a year ago and i have been so happy since i quit. i didnt have much trouble quitting at all really. by the time i quit i was happy to quit. i was glad to be rid of the monkey (no pun intended) on my back.

how did i do it so easily? i figured it out, for ME, it was psychological, i did it for so long my brain grew acustomed to doing it, it wanted it and needed it but i knew if i could convince myself it was the most horrible thing in the world i knew it would greatly help me quit.

so for a while EVERY time i lit up, EVERY time i inhaled, i told myself how nasty it tastes, how bad it smells, how god awful these things really are. after awhile i could barely light one up without getting sick, i knew it was working. then finally i quit, cold turkey and i never wanted another one again.

my method worked for me. i wanted to quit, i needed to quit and i found a way that i knew would work. i dont buy into the patches and gums and stuff, those things keep putting the same chemicals into your body as a cigarette! i seriously think if you REALLY want to quit and you convince yourself they are truly nasty and taste horrible it will make you want to quit eventually.

i truly think this is a psycholigical thing than it is physical.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I've tried to pick up the habit of smoking so I could be as cool as all you smokers out there. With you Parliament Light 100s puffing those neat puffs in the air. But I realized that they make me sick & smell like icky smoke.

The other day as I was walking into the grocery store there was a person smoking in front of the store. Which didn't bother me much. There was also a man asking for signatures to legalize stem cell research. The man our front asking for sigs told the person who was smoking to put out his cig. He told em that he had the right to smoke here. He continued to say that he was a filthy waste of human remains. He continued blowing smoke in his direction. The sig man as I have come to call him to f*ck him self. This all took place in a matter of 5 or 10 seconds as I walking into the store. As I was in line the smoker out front worked at the store. He was complaining to a co-worker about this ass out front. He heard this being right outside the door. He stuck his middle finger & screamed F U!!!!!!! He continued to do this over & over again. He was beginning to piss me off & he was upsetting all the people near the entrance of the store. The manager was very ticked. Walked over & told the man who was on the store property to leave or he would have to beat the sh*t out of the man.

All this over a cigarette. It seems strange to me the cigarette has become this ghastly evil habit that everyone including the government has to save us from. I could think of 10 thing a person could be doing that are far more important then telling a person um ya know that is bad for you.

[Edited on 6-2-2004 by oconnection]

[Edited on 6-2-2004 by oconnection]

new topics

top topics

join