It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boxing: ESPN2 FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHTS IS A KNOCKOUT!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   

The Tabernacle in Atlanta, Georgia hosted ESPN2's Friday Night Fights, which would prove to be an action packed event. The opener featured light heavyweights Yusef Mack and Donell Wiggins. Mack made quick work of Wiggins, scoring a second round KO with a big round hand at the :44 second mark. This knockout started a trend that held up for most of the night. Mack improved his record to 16-0-2 (10 KO's) while Wiggins slipped to 21-5-2 (12 KO's).

The second fight of the night would be another quick one as welterweights Rodney Freeman and Troy Wilson met in the ring. The first round saw both fighters feeling each other out trying to find a weakness in their game plan, and even though both were cautious, Wilson did enough to win the opener. As the second round started Wilson seemed ready to step up his attack. He landed an explosive right hand to Freeman's head just a second after the ten second marker sounded. The punch sent Freeman crashing hard to the canvas. To my surprise Freeman got back on his feet and survived the round.

CLICK HERE FOR FULL STORY

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Only got 2 sentances in and thought, "I'll respond to this tomorrow." I don't get FNF until Sunday. Don't know if the results where there, don't want to spoil it for myself.

new topics

join