It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Humility Conquers Pride......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 04:51 PM
link   
St Paul writes these moving words in his Epistle to the Philippians .......
(Ch. 2, v.5-8): �Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, Who, being in the form of God,
did not consider it robbery to be equal with God,
but made Himself of no reputation,
taking the form of a servant,
and coming in the likeness of men.
And being found in appearance as a man
He humbled himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross.�

This is a powerful picture of true humility for us,
a picture that should touch us and cause us day and night to strive to have such humility for ourselves.
So pride must be defeated,
that spirit of pride in the human heart that can only bring us to despair and loneliness.
The despair and loneliness is the absence in our lives of our Lord Jesus Christ and the recognition of His love for us all.
Our Lord God loves a humble heart!

St Peter, in his First Epistle, puts this very clearly
(Ch. 5 v5b-7): �Yes, all of you be submissive to one another,
and be clothed with humility,
for �God resists the proud,
but gives grace to the humble.�
Therefore, humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God,
that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.�

www.fr-d-serfes.org...

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Have you memorized the Bible? You are always quoting scriputures like you know exactly where they are.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by maynardsthirdeye
Have you memorized the Bible? You are always quoting scriputures like you know exactly where they are.

Why, do I???
lol,

I wish!

I just know that for every question out there, there is always a Truthful Answer!
and being the truth, it cannot be a lie!

And, YES I read the Bible, but in no way do I know it off by heart....
Again, I owe the credit to the web sites and books I own ....Orthodoxy ..teachings of the early Fathers and the 7 ecumenical councils ...the Nicene creed ..I believe in one God..where all Christianity stems from...unchanged for 2,000 years to this day!
helen...

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 07:32 AM
link   
There's some great software out there that can search by keyword, phrase, etc. in the bible...

Though you'll see me shoot down organized religion all the time...that doesn't change the fact that the Bible, the Koran, the Torah, etc. are all important parts of our human heritage, and that there is plenty of wisdom in each of them...

I know the Bible far better than most Christians I know, hehe...

top topics

join