It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boxing: Time for prospect Mora to prove it

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Although Adrian Mora is unbeaten and untested, the crowd-pleasing, promising lightweight prospect also is one victory away from gaining instant notoriety.

"All fights are important, but my next one on SHOWTIME definitely is the biggest of my career," said Mora, 11-0 (7). The Denver native will take on former North American Boxing Federation (NABF) and FECARBOX lightweight champion Steve Quinonez (28-7-1, 9 KOs) in the 10-round main event Thursday, July 1, on "ShoBox: The New Generation" at 11 p.m. ET/PT.

"To look good and win a fight against a solid veteran in front of a national television audience on SHOWTIME will do more for my career than anything I have done. This is a giant step up in class for me, and I know it will be my toughest fight. I look forward to the challenge.''

In the co-feature from the Palace Indian Gaming Center in Lemoore, Calif., former Puerto Rican 154-Pound Champion Irving Garcia (9-1, 5 KOs) will oppose George Armenta (11-3, 10 KOs) in an eight-round middleweight bout. Goossen Tutor Promotions will stage the doubleheader. The telecast represents the 46th in the popular "ShoBox" series, which debuted on SHOWTIME in July 2001.

CLICK HERE FOR FULL STORY

new topics

join