It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boxing: Guinn on Mesi: "I’m praying for him and I don’t want him to go out like that"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Until March 27th of this year, Guinn was considered by many to be one of the Heavyweight Divisions hottest prospects. He had been riding a string a victories against Michael Grant, Duncan Dokiwari and little known Derrick Banks. Unfortunately for Guinn, his undefeated string ran out when he floundered badly against Monte Barrett and suffered his first pro defeat.

Although, Guinn admittedly accepts that it was just not his night, he also points to the notion that he had too many distractions leading up to the fight. Considering it was his first pro fight in his at home state, (Arkansas) it seemed the adoration of the fans went straight to his head. “Man, once I got there, I didn’t expect it to be like it was…I felt like I was the World Champion and that I had all three or four belts.” He has also summarized his defeat by saying, “I have no excuses. I just had a bad night. Nothing else. I didn’t show up that night to fight and if I let some people in the press and my fans down then I’m sorry- but I’ll be back!” said Guinn.

CLICK HERE FOR FULL STORY

new topics

join