It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boxing: Boxing: Boxer Dies One Round Into Cedar City Bout

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Associated Press - July 19, 2003

CEDAR CITY, Utah - A boxer died one round into a scheduled six-round bout at Cedar Raceway.

Heavyweight Brad Rone took a punch from his opponent Billy Zumbrun with about five seconds left in the first round Friday night.

Less than 10 seconds later, after the bell rang, Rone fell to the canvas. Rone stopped breathing and was later declared dead at Valley View Medical Center, according to Detective Ross Drishinski, Iron County Sheriff's office medical examiner.

"Right now the speculation is cardiac arrest," Drishinski said.

Rone's body will be transported to the Salt Lake City medical examiner's office, where an autopsy will be performed.

Bruce Trampler, a friend of Rone's, said the boxer's mother died earlier in the week. Rone, who was originally from Cincinnati and lived in Las Vegas, was fighting to earn money for her funeral, Trampler said.

The fight was the third of four scheduled for the night. Officials canceled the final fight.

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
Bruce Trampler, a friend of Rone's, said the boxer's mother died earlier in the week. Rone, who was originally from Cincinnati and lived in Las Vegas, was fighting to earn money for her funeral, Trampler said.

That is such a shame, thats really nice that he was raising money to give his mother a proper funeral, but then something horrible like this happens. I feel for the rest of the family, losing 2 loved ones within a week.

TRD

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 12:40 PM
link   
That is a terrible thing to happen esp as he was raising money for his moms funeral....

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I agree this is terrible. At least he is now with his mother in heaven.

TRD

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
I agree this is terrible. At least he is now with his mother in heaven.

yep Ocelot...

I love boxing but when something like this happens it is very sad,the same with soccer when the player died on the pitch a little while ago..

new topics

top topics

join