It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This pic unnerved me...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Something like this is a little more convincing.
Looks like a KKK ghost.

I'm still not convinced though.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 04:51 AM
link   
The first pic of the girl almost reminds me of something out of the game Fatal Frame from XBox. Quite a scary game.....

[Edited on 2-12-2003 by Kiwifish]

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 06:29 AM
link   
again this is a pic taken on halloween, just an unsteady hand but eerie non the less!

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 12:05 PM
link   
The first pic is from before the ring. I remember seeing that ghost in one of those "look for 30 seconds and then it pops out and scares the living crap out of you" .gif files... Before that I saw that same "ghost" in another pic at least two years ago.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 12:07 PM
link   
P.S: there's a link to that .gif picture somewhere in the archives. Someone posted it as a mean joke. Could've been me, but I don't remember

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The Pic on the first link is a fake...

I opened it in Photoshop and you can really tell. See the dark hard shadow around the guy. the shadow doesn't even interact with the tree and other background elements. Also, the "Ghost" has banding where the edges were masked off. There are also jagged "alias" edges on the "Ghost". Also some cloning on the background is apperant. Just a graphic artist input...

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Of course it's fake...still eerie though...

Anybody else out there familiar with this remarkable case
of utter foolishness?

Actually, there is a movie about this case. It's quite well done, and fully explains the way the case progressed, and how it fooled people....

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 01:55 PM
link   
The first picture is real. I don't know what all you people are talking about fakes for, its obviously 100% a real life ghost appiration standing next to the guy. The story is also 100% authentic. Little boy's die from heart attacks all the time, especially when they see a scary ghost. BAH! I laugh at all of those who quickly opened up their photoshops to see if the ghost was real... So amusing...

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 02:01 PM
link   
What's even funnier is when people actually make it seem like the photographer/editor of this "scary" hoax actually did it out of three pictures.

"Yeah the boy was pasted on afterwards, then the ghost.."

So funny. The boy is obviously the center of the picture. He is centralized and the flash does make a shadow on the tree (*GASP* light encountering an object allows that object to cast shadows? No way...) making him look detached. Think logically about what you are posting before you unwillingly decide to become the next ATS court jester.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Hmmmm??? Insite, you're joking right?? Please tell me you're being sarcastic...

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 02:19 PM
link   
If you have any 3D glasses lying around, look at the girl/ghost... She Pops out !!! Cool effect. Did nobody notice?

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Its a very bad fake, just look at the edges of the "ghost". I could have done it better...

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by darklanser
If you have any 3D glasses lying around, look at the girl/ghost... She Pops out !!! Cool effect. Did nobody notice?

More proof that it's fake. That's because of the blurry blue and red lines in the photo.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 02:42 PM
link   
It scared me a bit too....just look at the creep....

Who's BAD?!?!?

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by insite
What's even funnier is when people actually make it seem like the photographer/editor of this "scary" hoax actually did it out of three pictures.

"Yeah the boy was pasted on afterwards, then the ghost.."

So funny. The boy is obviously the center of the picture. He is centralized and the flash does make a shadow on the tree (*GASP* light encountering an object allows that object to cast shadows? No way...) making him look detached. Think logically about what you are posting before you unwillingly decide to become the next ATS court jester.

Insite why don't you think about it. If the flash is right beside the lens, then how can you photograph a shadow created by the flash. Any area that the lens can capture will also be illuminated by the flash.

Why don't you think logically and shut the # up, you are the only fool I see around here.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by insite
The first picture is real. I don't know what all you people are talking about fakes for, its obviously 100% a real life ghost appiration standing next to the guy. The story is also 100% authentic. Little boy's die from heart attacks all the time, especially when they see a scary ghost. BAH! I laugh at all of those who quickly opened up their photoshops to see if the ghost was real... So amusing...

Merriam-Webster's Dictionary
Main Entry: gull�ible
Variant(s): also gull�able /'g&-l&-b&l/
Function: adjective
Date: 1818

1. 'insite', a member of ATS
2. a person easily duped or cheated
- gull�ibil�i�ty /"g&-l&-'bi-l&-tE/ noun
- gull�ibly /'g&-l&-blE/ adverb

Just Kidding

[Edited on 2-12-2003 by StationsCreation]

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 05:10 PM
link   
RUN IT'S THE MICHAEL MONSTER!......now that's horrifying

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Micheal might get a little close to that boy, if ya know what I mean.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 11:13 PM
link   
The picture looks fake to me. But, the ghost looks pretty scary.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Fake, easy photoshop magic, people will believe anything these days. The girl: looks asian, pupils can be easily removed with a white tinted brush, fade out some unwanted corners, and then adjust the opacity and paste.

I'm a photoshop junkie.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join