It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Football: What team do you support?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
My team is West Ham United, shoot me down if you want but i don't care.

I've supported them for 30 years now ever since i went as a young lad ohh way back in the 1970's....

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
My team is Arsenal
i guess you could call me a glory supporter Started supporting them when they won the Double with:
Wilson-Rice-McNab-Kelly-McLintock-Storey-Simpson-Armstrong-Radford-George-Graham-Kennedy-Marinello-Nelson-Roberts-Sammels.
Yeah the 70-71 Double

Ben

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
in any sport?

TRD

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
in any sport?

Nope this thread is in the Football forum (soccer).

You can do one in the NFL/Baseball/NBA ect forums if you wish.

Ben

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
oooo i see how it is. lol

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Not being much of a football fan, all I really know is the United, both Manchester and DC, for those of us on the left side of the pond.

Freddy Adu Baby!!!

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I dont support any team since i dont know $hit about football.

TRD

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
He he trust you Ocelot....

Hey Gibbs that Freddy Adu is some sort of talent for a young kid. Don't expect him to be staying and playing in the US for too long as there is a list a mile long waiting to sign him in Europe...

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
I dont support any team since i dont know $hit about football.

Ditto on the first part, but I do know that you kick a ball, and try to get it into a big net, and becasue they are stupid, they only take like five shots per game, even though the nett is like 50 feet wide and 10 tall

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
He he trust you Ocelot....

Hey Gibbs that Freddy Adu is some sort of talent for a young kid. Don't expect him to be staying and playing in the US for too long as there is a list a mile long waiting to sign him in Europe...

That may be, but i truly believe that the sport is gonna take off stateside shortly.

Some of you other Americans may scoff at that, but consider this - how many soccer fields do you pass on your way to work (or to the mall, or to yoru girl's place, or to your parent's house) now? How many did you pass on that same route 10 years ago? 15 years ago? These kids that are growing up playing the game, they'll want to go to games here.

It's nothing but a growing market.

So maybe, just maybe, Adu will be kept here, so he can draw these youngsters in...

TRD

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
The man who made soccer in the states what it is today is the great Pele. He put soccer on the map in the states a long time ago.

There is quite a few of your players in the UK and the rest of Europe and the UK teams aquired two of your players today. You have some real good players and i don't think it will be long before some of the U.S guys will make it to the very top, i mean look at the size of the country. Football is a mega money business now and i can't see the U.S missing out on that. Also look how well your national team has done in recent years.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Yeah, I loved soccer (excuse me, I'm an American
) when I wa in elementary school. But, there was no organized league in my area, and the High school didn't have a teram until after I graduated. so I've never really followed it since.

But, AYSO has been a force in this country for many years now, and I know of several pick up games that happen throughout central Pennsylvania on a weekly basis.

The fan base is here. We just need quality competition.

TRD

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Having the tops teams in Europe playing a pre-season tournament for the past two years in the states has giving it some publicity. The stadiums were packed to the rafters and every game was a sell out. So it must be getting very popular on the fan base as you say.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Having the tops teams in Europe playing a pre-season tournament for the past two years in the states has giving it some publicity. The stadiums were packed to the rafters and every game was a sell out. So it must be getting very popular on the fan base as you say.

Yeah, the reason I know so much about it over here is my brother in law. He's been to quite a few games the past few years, more than I've been to football games even. And he's some kinda regional director of AYSO.

TRD

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
What is AYSO gibbs?

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Real Madrid.....
yep. Zidane, Figo, Ronaldo .... enough said.
now if they can only get a hold of a good gk like fulhams' Van Der Sar.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
It stand for American Youth Soccer Organization.

Here is their homepage - AYSO

They've been around for a while now, I remember wishing that they would be in my area as a child. They've ben pretty influential over here, I think.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Daniel Karbassiyoon this guy is a young football(soccer) player from the USA he is a regular in the Arsenal Reseves

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!

They've been around for a while now, I remember wishing that they would be in my area as a child. They've ben pretty influential over here, I think.

That is also one of my most hated sports. Nothing is more sickening than indoor American Soccer. I can stand the MLS and American Men and Women in World Cup games, but indoor is just a F***ing turnoff.

Indoor Soccer and America don't go together. Especially when no one gets injured.

WTF is up with 5 refs, several linesman, video refs, etc. This is indoor american soccer BTW. They show it on Fox Sports World if your wondering. It was a pain to watch.

I also hate Christian Miles and his commentating, also a turnoff. I usually mute it and listen to metal type music while watching german, dutch, etc leagues. Thank god for the premiership, where they have world class commentators, ie John Motson and Andy Grey.

[Edited on 8/16/04 by websurfer]

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by websurfer

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!

That is also one of my most hated sports. Nothing is more sickening than indoor American Soccer. I can stand the MLS and American Men and Women in World Cup games, but indoor is just a F***ing turnoff.

Indoor Soccer and America don't go together. Especially when no one gets injured.

WTF is up with 5 refs, several linesman, video refs, etc. This is indoor american soccer BTW. They show it on Fox Sports World if your wondering. It was a pain to watch.

I also hate Christian Miles and his commentating, also a turnoff. I usually mute it and listen to metal type music while watching german, dutch, etc leagues. Thank god for the premiership, where they have world class commentators, ie John Motson and Andy Grey.

[Edited on 8/16/04 by websurfer]

AYSO isn't indoor, though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join