It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reagan's Assassination Attempt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 01:11 AM
link   
This is a very good read. Did you know that John Hinckley Sr. and George Bush Sr. knew each other? Did the Bush family attempt Reagan's assassination?

Small world, indeed. For that very same day, John Hinckley's older brother, Scott, had a dinner date with an old friend of the family: Neil Bush, son of the vice president. What some saw as merely an odd coincidence prompted more conspiratorially attuned eyebrows to arch like divining rods. After all, what are the odds of the president's constitutional successor and the president's would-be assassin knowing each other? Probably zero.
But the Bushes and Hinckleys went way back, to Texas of the 1960s, where both George Bush and John Hinckley, Sr., had amassed personal fortunes in the booming oil industry. Both were blue bloods who circulated in the same privileged circles, which the transplanted aristocrats liked to call their "Texas Raj."

Read on....
www.carpenoctem.tv...

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Good post. Keep up the good work

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Bump! I want to hear some opinions on this. From the article, it sounds like there is alot of evidence that Bush may have attempted to have Reagan assassinated. What do you think? Have you heard anything about this? Is it BS, or is this factual evidence of a real conspiracy?

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I wouldn't put it past the Bush Crime Family to attempt anything for power and money.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 04:10 AM
link   
As I have done for the past 3 years, I would like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that Jodie Foster looks better than ever, and is single.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 01:16 PM
link   
What does that have to do with the price of AK47's in Iraq?

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 01:30 PM
link   
So now you trying to tell me that you like Reagan and you feel sorry about what happened or are you still fixated like a bull dog on Bush's ass?

While we are at it what do you think about Johnson wanting JFK killed? Yeah I know boring, has nothing to do with Bush right?

Actually it is quite possible their is a connection between the two but what is it about really?

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I wish you'd quit assuming. I'll bet you're very confused, as often as you jump to false conclusions. What the hell is wrong with you? JFK has been beaten to death already. You're defending the Bush family? What a total buffoon!

Check which forum you're in. This isn't the mud pit.
You're OT.

[Edited on 12-7-2003 by Satyr]

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Assuming what man?

I have read hundreds of your posts, there is nothing to assume in regards where you are coming from.

What makes you think that you are intellectual is my next question?

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Go back to the mud pit, where you belong. Troll.
What makes you think you're a gladiator?
Wait, let me guess....ignorance???
If you have no comments on the topic at hand, then don't #ing post! You're nothing but a troll, attacking me instead of the article. I didn't even write it!
If you like Dubya so much, find some facts that disprove this. Until then, shut the f*ck up.

[Edited on 12-7-2003 by Satyr]

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Go to your corners! Next time you hear the bell, come out like gentlemen. This is not the pit.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Let me know when!

I will be there in a flash.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Just finished the article...

One thing though...Reagan and Bush were pretty much a team...probably moreso than many presidents and vp's... He (Bush) could accomplish his goals just as easily without an assassination attempt...

The idea of a shot from the hotel is interesting...but reporters usually aren't experts on ricocheting sound, etc. and I wouldn't trust one to pinpoint where a shot came from...

I still think the Reagan attempt is just what it is thought to be...a lone idiot gunman. If it was a spook sponsored hit...Reagan would be dead....

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 02:13 PM
link   
But, again, what are the chances of Bush being friends and/or business partners with the Hinckleys? That's way beyond coincidence, IMO.

The Bush and Hinckley families go back to the oil-wildcatting days of the 1960s in Texas. (Ironically, they go back even farther in a genealogical sense, since they have a common ancestor in Samuel Hinckley, who lived in the late 1600s.)

The relationship was much closer between George Bush, Sr., and John Hinckley, Sr., whose families were neighbors for years in Houston. John Hinckley, Sr., contributed to the political campaigns of Bush, Sr., all the way back to Bush's running for Congress, and he supported Bush against Reagan for the 1980 Republican presidential nomination. Bush, Sr., and Hinckley, Sr., were both in the oil business. When the Hinckley oil company, Vanderbilt Oil, started to fail in the 1960s, Bush, Sr.'s, Zapata Oil financially bailed out Hinckley's company. Hinckley had been running an operation with six dead wells, but he began making several million dollars a year after the Bush bailout.

www.rense.com...

John W. Hinckley, Jr. shot President Reagan, or was on the scene firing a weapon when someone did, in 1981. It was reported -- but the Bush family had the story squelched pronto -- that, the night following the shooting, Hinckley's brother, Scott, was supposed to dine at the home of Neil Bush. Neil's brother is the president, his father was vice-president in 1981, which means he stood to gain the White House, if Reagan died from his wounds. One powerful hint that someone very powerful intended that Reagan die, is that it took a ridiculous amount of time for the Secret Service to remove the President to the hospital, their excuse being THAT THEY GOT LOST. Please, try to swallow THAT whopper: the Secret Service gets lost in Washington, D.C. (That one rates with Dick Cheney's claim that Halliburton's striking success in getting government contracts has nothing to do with him!!!)

[Edited on 12-8-2003 by Satyr]

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Just finished the article...

One thing though...Reagan and Bush were pretty much a team...probably moreso than many presidents and vp's... He (Bush) could accomplish his goals just as easily without an assassination attempt...

The idea of a shot from the hotel is interesting...but reporters usually aren't experts on ricocheting sound, etc. and I wouldn't trust one to pinpoint where a shot came from...

I still think the Reagan attempt is just what it is thought to be...a lone idiot gunman. If it was a spook sponsored hit...Reagan would be dead....

I always thought Former CIA Director Bush ran that team even as VP. Many Iran/Contra investigators agree. I always felt Reagen was less likely to choose his most vitriolic opponent ("Voodoo economics" Bush) as VP than it was actually Bush (or his hidden masters) that maneuvered him onto the winning ticket.

And yes, there are indeed many useful idoits of which Hinckley may have been one. It could be that Hinkley entirely self programmed his delusions as stated by watching Jodie Foster in Little Foxes over and over and over, until the answer came to him. Kill the President.

Somehow though the pragmatic explanation seems crazier than the conspiracy in that case. Just like the coincidence of remaining Bush XY chromosomes finding their way into public office...amidst much controversy.

And guess what, Jr. picks up on Iraq where Dad left off. I know there's incredibly good official explanations for everything, but the coincidences are mind numbing, overwhelming and if politics gave odds...it's like hitting 17 on roulette over and over over and calling yourself "lucky".

At some point the house would say you're cheating. The only time they don't is when the house is cheating. I don't think we have a an f'ing clue what's really going on. But it's tied more to Daddy Bush than people want to admit.

Daddy Bush - The man that told newly elected Carter upon his call to the CIA regarding UFO's...I'm sorry Sir, but as President you don't have access to that information.

Gee, makes for a bit of a conundrum when the CIA Director BECOMES President then doesn't it? The Oil/Banking & Intelligence Bush gene pool of politics DEFINES everything Eisenhour warned us was seeking to take over the power of government, does it not?

Why aren't these obvious dots connected by legitimate media and opposing politicians? I must conclude there no longer is legitimatcy in either.

Grrr

[Edited on 8-12-2003 by RANT]

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Let's take this up a notch and get really crazy, shall we?

If all the discredited astronauts (Gordon) and former government employees (Lazar) and Presidents that talked of UFO's (Carter) and shadow conspirators (Eisenhour) are right/half right/even a little right...

We have recovered UFO's and as CIA Director, Bush knew it. If we mastered element 115 in 1989 (or any aspect of retro-engineering), Bush was President and had powers at his disposal we can't even imagine. If the Isreali Air Force isn't just shooting at air on a recurring basis, someone/something is spooking them. If it's not us, it's someone else that recovered something, or was given or stole technology. What if the WMD's are UFO's? What if the WMD is just knowledge? The threat blackmail? How long would we pay? Or how far would we go to negate a new superpower in the infancy stage? If Switzerland recovered a UFO, it would be a superpower within a few years too. What if the retro-knowledge has nothing to do with flying? Just manipulation of time/gravity...whatever. What if every time we get to 2012 President Jeb Bush starts over. 9/11 doesn't always happen. Or maybe we let it to justify taking out a greater evil in it's infancy.

I'm rambling...but you feel me don't you?

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Yes, I feel you....but I happen to agree with much of the what if? as being what is...

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 03:41 PM
link   
www.citizenreviewonline.org...

Deals to Block Drilling in Everglades, Gulf
Bush Promises $235 Million to Buy Out Mineral Rights in Fla. Areas

By Michael Grunwald and Eric Pianin
Washington Post Staff Writers
Thursday, May 30, 2002; Page A01

President Bush announced two major deals yesterday to protect Florida's natural treasures from oil and gas drilling, pledging $235 million to buy out mineral rights in the cypress swamps of the Everglades and off the white-sand beaches of the Gulf of Mexico....

...National Environmental Trust President Philip Clapp described the deals as "a $235 million campaign contribution to the Re-Elect Jeb Bush Committee, courtesy of U.S. taxpayers."

The wheels were being overtly greased in 2002. (The Federal - Florida deal extends through 2012 by the way). So let's say George wins 2004? Cheny is retired NOW, so he won't run 2008. Would Jeb? Doubtful...we'd be due for a Democratic patsy that could be squashed 2012 by shadows of Bush.

You know you're bad off when the future pisses you off.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I read this sometime ago. I think Reagan/Bush are akin to Clinton/Gore. They both served the same agenda. Not likely to conspire against one another.

But what did cross my mind was Bush going to be framed for the assination of Reagan. Was their someone that wanted Bush Sr. out of the picture. If they knew that Bush was friends with Hinckley it would make for a good set up,or at the very least it could be used to smear him. I would think Bush sr. would have a lot enemies.

new topics

top topics

join