It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASCAR: track for the northwest????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
they are talking about building a race track up here in the nw, two of the sites they are discussing are within a 40 mile drive from here, boy howdy....would i ever love that. they have talked about building a trac before but our unpredictable weather and the long distance from anywhere have always put the skids to the plans,,,maybe this time
sports.yahoo.com...

TRD

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Hey Toejam that would be cool and it would create alot of jobs in the area,fancy yourself as a marshall? LOL

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
that would be fun....but there are a lot of hoops to jump through before they are ready to build one, it will be a couple of years at least

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Bruton Smith could build it in six month's flat, but end up fixing it every year after that.

The France's company, would build it in a couple of years, and be done with it.

Either way, that's an un-tapped market that will be addressed with a new track soon.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
the problem is that a lot of non-racing people would fight it, they could tie them up for years with enviromental permits and the such, a lot of people would want a track but not the noise or the traffic, the "not in my back yard" mentality is alive and well

Ben

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
What other problems are there?

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
they would have to go through the enviromental studies, noise pollution, traffic surveys, effects on the water in the area, all kinds of things, it would be great for the area and i would love to have a track that i could get to easily, but everyone would want to have their say.

top topics

join