It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASCAR: NASCAR: Michigan Marketplace 400

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Track - Michigan International Speedway (d-shaped oval, 2 miles, 18 degrees banking in turns).

Michigan 400 Last year: Dale Jarrett rebounded from a spin on the 12th lap and passed Jeff Burton with five laps to go to win the Pepsi 400 at Michigan International Speedway. Jarrett's 30th career victory -- and fourth at Michigan -- came on the 11th anniversary of his first Winston Cup win.

Click here for drivers to keep an eye on this week

"There's something about Michigan International Speedway that brings out the best in Bobby Labonte."

He picked up his second straight Michigan pole, topping qualifying Friday for the GFS Marketplace 400 and earning his fourth pole at the track in the Irish Hills.

espn.go.com...

Next race: Sharpie 500, Aug. 23, Bristol, Tenn.

Any predictions?

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 06:24 PM
link   
here's my 1,2,3......Matt Kenseth, Tony Stewart, Bobby Labonte. and here's another one i've made quite a bit of money with.....Steve Park will wreck on or before lap 55. it's quite amazing what you can bet on.

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 05:41 PM
link   

ESPN
BROOKLYN, Mich. -- Ryan Newman had enough fuel and Kurt Busch didn't.

Newman grabbed his series-leading fifth victory of the year, stretching his final tank of gas 52 laps on the two-mile oval at Michigan International Speedway to win the GFS Marketplace 400 on Sunday. Busch came up a lap short and wound up 18th.

Most of the leaders pitted during a caution period on the 149th lap of the 200-lap race, and Busch and Dale Jarrett came back onto the track behind only Jimmy Spencer, who stayed out.

Busch easily passed Spencer for the lead on the restart on lap 150 and Jarrett moved to second the next time around the high-banked track. Jarrett, a four-time Michigan winner, then took the lead from Busch on lap 152.

But Busch wouldn't let Jarrett get away, finally repassing him for the top spot on lap 157. He stayed there nearly to the end, building leads of up to 3.3 seconds before Jarrett was forced to pit on lap 188, giving Newman the runner-up spot.

Newman, last year's top rookie, was 3.2 seconds behind when he moved into second, but quickly began to reel in Busch, moving up to the rear bumper of the leader's No. 97 Roush Racing Ford on lap 197 and charging past the slowing Busch on lap 198 after a short side-by-side battle.

On lap 199, Busch slowed and drove onto pit lane for a splash of gas. Newman easily held on to beat Kevin Harvick, who made his last stop on lap 149, to the finish line by 1.652-seconds -- about 10 car-lengths.

espn.go.com...

Click here for race results

My driver Rusty Wallace blew his engine at the 105th lap, loses again. I'm not one to jump driver to driver, so he either needs to win, or retire so I can pick someone else. LOL!

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican

My driver Rusty Wallace blew his engine at the 105th lap, loses again. I'm not one to jump driver to driver, so he either needs to win, or retire so I can pick someone else. LOL!

Nascar is one of the few sports it's ok to have more than one favorite in. of course i don't have more than kenseth but alot of people have their favorite that they still cheer for, for old time sake and another that they know will perform well.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Sorry PA, but Rusty's engine blowing was kharma. I wanted to strangle him after he hit Jr's car. He took one of the strongest cars out of the race. Not to mention the points race. Damn Rusty.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyeff
Sorry PA, but Rusty's engine blowing was kharma. I wanted to strangle him after he hit Jr's car. He took one of the strongest cars out of the race. Not to mention the points race. Damn Rusty.

I dont know what the heck Rusty was thinking, he was halfway in the pits and then changed his mind. They showed on the reply on SportsCenter that one of his teammates, I forget who, did the same thing and decided not to pit but he also wasn't halfway in and he didn't cut anyone off. I'm sure Jr. was pissed.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 11:44 AM
link   
They said durning the race that his crew chief told him not pit,after he was almost there. I think Ryan Newman is his team mate. I'm sure Jr was plenty pissed. He came from 39th to 7th without a scratch. Then gets screwed going into the pits. Oh well,what are going to do? Poo-poo happens.

top topics

join