It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theory on why the christian message seems so wrong today. ( by a Born again christian).

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2002 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Scientists have said that light consists of two primary colours. Red and Blue.
As we know, plants need sunlight to grow. So some scientists decided to conduct an experiment called photosynthesis to see how well a plant would grow if natural light was separated. Blue from red.
they put the plant under blue light for a time then changed it to red light. They found that the plant did not grow very well under either of these lights. But when they combined the lights together to get natural light the plant grew at the normal rate.

So, to compare this with christianity.

Some christians preach purely on the God of love. The God of mercy, all forgiving, kind, helpful, humble, meek, faithful, always ready to listen and answers all prayers, and so on.

Lets say that this concept represents the Red light.

Other christians preach purely on the lord terror. A God who takes vengeance upon all disobedience, the God who does not aquit the wicked, and does not tolerate sin, the God who always says to repent or you'll go to hell, the God of great wrath and anger, and so on.

Lets also say that this concept represents the Blue light

Both of these concepts about God are true. We could say that they are both lights of the Gospel, because it is all written in the Bible.
But both these concepts are far from being the natural light if they are used on their own.
Many christians in the world take only one of the concepts and preach on that only. that Is why they fail. this is why people ignore what they say and do not believe them. Also this is why there seems to be so many christian hypocrites in the world. This is why so many people find so many faults, inconsistencies and contradictions with all these biased doctrines.

The plant could not grow in either the blue or red lights. But it grew in the combining of these lights together.
The same is for a christian. If they adopt either the God of love or the God of wrath concept, people will easily find fault with them and in what they say. Also that christian will not grow in faith, knowledge or wisdom in christ. It is only in the combining of both of these concepts that a christian persons life will peak to others. They will also grow in christ.

So to conclude.

To all christians out there. Do not use biased methods to put forth Gods word. For ot os clearly written all throughout the Bible that God is a God of great love. His mercies are higher than the heavens. To those who repent he forgives and abundantly pardons and remembers their sin no more. But also God is a God of great wrath. A lord of terror. He WILL take vegeance on the children of disobedience. He is a God of Judgement and justice, and in his day he WILL not spare.

We are meant to be the light of the world, but if we try to separate that light (i.e. blue from red). Then we will not be the light that christ meant us to be at all. So the reason why the many people of this world are not understanding the message of christ is because of us separating that message.

[Edited on 13-11-2002 by stewards]

posted on Nov, 14 2002 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Erm... this kind of falls apart on a lot of levels.

There are 7 things we identify as primary colors in white light (based on the rainbow).

Red and blue together make purple light. Not white light. Red, Cyan, and Green are the three light waves that combine to make white light. Red, Blue, and Yellow are the three pigments that combine to make various colors.

...etc.

posted on Nov, 14 2002 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Wait I was writing something and realized that this experiment must be contrived, for white light is composed of all visible light including red and blue. So you can combine blue and red all you want but it is the other wavelengths (minus green for obvious reasons) giving energy to the plant. I think actually that yellow is the best wavelength for light...but I could be wrong.

But the rest of it seems to make sense
that christianity isn't putting the two peices together? Is that it? And therefore it is preaching an offbeat form of the truth?

I can agree, although I doubt I'd agree with the two halves being "put back together" to form a whole either...but that's just because I can't believe that stuff, especially the jesus bit. It would probably be benifitial for the world even though, if there were to be a larger understanding of what the religion really is, on all scales.

Sincerely,
no signature

[Edited on 14-11-2002 by FreeMason]

posted on Nov, 14 2002 @ 10:30 AM
link   
In pigments, the third color is yellow.

In mixing lights, it's magenta, cyan, and green.

posted on Nov, 14 2002 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Yeah, just look veeeerrrrryyy close to your monitor (let your eyeball touch the screen
) and you'll see those three colors. Or open any photoshop or paint program and go to the color palette...

posted on Nov, 14 2002 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Steward keep in mind that the membership of this forum does include several persons. With an extensive background in Physics, Optics and other areas of Science.

posted on Nov, 14 2002 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Guys forget the scientists and the experiment.

Can't you see the moral of the Topic.

I was actually told this experiment was taken place by a friend of mine.

I don't really care if I got the science part of it wrong, because if you look under what I call myself you will see the word Preacher, and not Physician.

Look at what my message is really about.

Thanyou all.

Stewards

posted on Nov, 14 2002 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Steward what you are saying does not make sense, your expectation that we ignore the facts deny the moral issues.

Reality is reality, red and blue do not make white light. What your message is really about has nothing to do with red and blue light and that is the basis of your claim? That means you do not care about the facts of reality and this thread is merely a game.

My advise is that you grow up

posted on Nov, 14 2002 @ 07:20 PM
link   
No Toltec my friend

This is the religious forum

So look at my claim on the religious part
I'm sure you know that my purpose in writing this topic was to address a problem I see in christian preaching.

I now wish that i did not write the science part of it. It seems that this is all what people are taking notice of.
If its wrong then who cares. You made your point. So now comment if you will on the real subject.

This topic is not a game Toltec. I got better things to do than play games. You tell me to grow up, yet you have not even got the understanding yourself to see that I was comparing this experiment of separation with the separation I see going on with people who are not preaching the word of god correctly.

If you are a christian then do you see the same problem?, and if so what solutions could you advise to people?.

Have a nice day Toltec and please no more commenting on the science part of it. It was just an example and is not the moral of the topic.

posted on Nov, 14 2002 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Stewards States

Scientists have said that light consists of two primary colors. Red and Blue.

If it was not you intent to allege that science was evidence of your supposition then you should have never started out with this claim.

Steward I have a reputation for being very tough on people, especially those who claim to be affiliated with me in any way. Yes, this is a forum who topic is Religion (in general) and Spiritualism.

Light does not consist of two primary colors it is in fact based on three. Understand that I will comment on what I feel is appropriate (despite what you agree with).

The real subject is what you should have presented initially (The issue of good Vs evil). What I advise is that we stop maintaining a right or left wing position and embrace the alternative of moderation.

Stewards do not take what I say as offensive, rather I would advise that you consider alternatives. If you are confused as the Genin (MD) You are in the presence of a Christian version of a Jonin/Nagual
. MD should know enough to answer at least half of your questions.

Keep in mind Steward that I am open to all opinions

PS: Grow up Steward

[Edited on 15-11-2002 by Toltec]

posted on Nov, 14 2002 @ 08:20 PM
link   
This will be my last reply to you toltec on what seems to be a waste of time argument.

Firstly i do not care what you reputation is.

You say that I am as confused as Genin (md), Do you mean Midnight Dstroyer?.

I will also say that this subject is not about good verses Evil.

I also do not understand why you feel that I need to grow up. I think you are just trying to taunt me and are just pin pointing out the mistakes I made. You are not really able to offer any real comments or solutions are you.

also what is Jonin and nagual. I have not seen either of these mentioned in the bible so my opinion is that whatever they are they have nothing to do with Jesus christ. I do not mean this as an offense.

I think I'ii retire for the night. God bless you Toltec

posted on Nov, 14 2002 @ 08:32 PM
link   
As far as my culture is concerned the term Nagual has everything to do with Jesus (as he is the one who first coined the phrase). As far as Jonin it is Japanese who were more that capable of dealing with the Vatican Assembly (you can be assured I respect them very much).

I can assure you sir that I am not interested in playing childish games, I am not taunting you I am pointing out was is obvious. Others would have laughed out loud (Simply stated). Retire as you see fit but take into account you lack the knowledge to respond in a manner to is appropriate.

Lastly Mr. Preacher I could care less what you think about yourself, in general you have proven by your responses that you are not worth the effort.

posted on Nov, 15 2002 @ 07:12 PM
link   
After that little interesting discussion between toltec and myself.

I'll now say a thing or two about what I think the problem is with preaching of christianity today.

I feel that many ministers out there are preaching a false doctrine because they are not lead or even anointed by the Holy spirit. The bible says that it is not by might or power but by the Spirit of God. As we are not divine, we need the guidance of Gods spirit to help us to preach the gospel to others because we do not know their needs unlike God.
Many times in the Bible as the apostles were about to preach it says that they were full of the holy ghost. What was to be one of the characteristics of whoever was to be chosen to take the place of Judas Iscariot. It was to be a man FULL of the holy ghost. So I feel that the holy spirit is a major player involved when preacing the word of God. I also feel that a person should not preach at all if they are not lead by Gods spirit.

Dear Toltec

Let their be peace between me and yourself. I am not asking you to be a friend on here if you dont want to, but I believe as christians we should aim to be at peace with one another. If you were hurt by any of what I said them I am sorry. I do not think myself anything great. I just try to live a christian life pleasing to god. I am not a good person, I even have a criminal record. But as you know it is because of people like me that christ died on the cross for. I call myself "The Preacher" purely as a gimmick. I am only 25 and have only been a christian for 4 years. Hardly the qualifications for a real preacher, Dont you think?. I am actually very fond of the Indians of america, and find them fascinating. I am always wanting to learn more about them. I'm sure you could teach me alot. Hope to talk yo you soon stewards

posted on Nov, 15 2002 @ 07:22 PM
link   
*Sigh*

Yes, as you said, this is the religion forum. The religion forum in a conspiracy site.

Across the board, we seem to have forgotten conspiracy.

Everyone just wants to prove the other wrong, everybody else is chasing the wrong idea, and James is an idiot (Just kidding James, just wanted to mention you!
).

Most annoying. Nobody wants to learn anything, only disprove the others' beliefs.

I'm hoping O-S is going to give a little seminar on Islam here soon. Any of you blithering, drooling ill-smelling morons (James) attacks or offends, I'm going lay hands on you! And don't take that wrong, I'm not Pentecostal, so it won't be in a Brotherly way!

posted on Nov, 15 2002 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Steward just because I challenge you does not mean I dislike you. If you make a point that is incorrect and I tell you that I think it is. Could mean very well mean that to me, you like others have something to offer.

Steward we all have something to learn from each other and forgetting that is a big mistake. That the second to your most recent post to me was not your last response means a lot Steward.

new topics

top topics

join