It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWE: Kurt Angle/Batista Feud Coming After WrestleMania 21?

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
The following is a recap of Kurt Angle's interview from "Today Today", an afternoon show on Radio JJJ (national youth network) in Australia written by Stephen of Sydney, Australia:

Kurt Angle was interview on "Today Today," the afternoon show on Radio JJJ (national youth network) in Australia at about 3:55 p.m.

Angle said he was about to work a match against Booker T as a "warm-up" to Michaels at WM21. For some reason Angle was brought on to plug the "WrestleMania Revenge" tour which features the Raw brand. The hosts Chris & Craig are wrestling illiterate but asked about ring psychology in WWE and the transition from amateur to pro wrestling.

Host Craig said, "We hear you will be going against Batista (they pronounced it strangely) at the WrestleMania revenge tour" Angle seemed surprised and neither confirmed or denied he will be working against Batista in Australia, instead saying something along the lines of, "Well, he'd better be ready to have his ankle broken, then." Asked how he would handle Batista if he met him in a supermarket, he said "You mean the Animal Batista" and thought for a few seconds before saying he'd "get him from behind, that's for sure."

Angle balanced between shoot (mentioning "scriptwriters") and kayfabe, heeling it up a bit. The interview finished with Chris & Craig mentioning they will be interviewing Batista soon.

I'm not sure what to make of that because Chris & Craig may just be mistaken that Angle is going to feud with Batista since he is not on any promos for the WrestleMania Revenge Tour that I have seen. On the other hand, I don't understand how or why WWE management would arrange an interview with Angle for Radio JJJ if he is NOT coming to Australia. Obviously WWE gives away spoilers by announcing match cards ahead of time and this could well be a spoiler that post WM Angle gets drafted to Raw as the top heel with Triple H, perhaps, giving Smackdown a boost.

Source: Wrestling Exposed

join