It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Queer Eye for the Straight Guy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I love this show! Carson is hilarious and he's my favorite. What do you think of the show? Who is your favorite.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 11:37 PM
link   
maynard woudl be disgraced that you used his name and then supported such a show. why dont you just say you watch a dog take a # on tv?

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Do you want to run that one by me again? I did not understand a word you said. What I got from that is that you don't like the show.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I have seen an episode or two, but i do not really like the show. I think they need to have one of those straight guys who acts like a gay, dresses like one, and i like a gay guy but straight, go change one of the fab five.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Some of you men do need the help, honestly, it's a public service those guys are doing...

I have paused and watched a segment or two. It's alright, but i can't see myself setting my watch by it. Very mind numbing.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I love the show too. If men are at all threatened or intimidated by this show, they have had homosexual thoughts at one time or another in their life. I just got done posting over on ATS in a thread about "Homophobia". I think it's ridiculous, it's just like men making decisions about womens rights. Why? You have no right to judge how a person lives if it does not affect how you live. Period !! If you start persecuting a whole group of people, you start looking like Germany, circa:1933. Leave them be.

btw pizza... wtf are you trying to say here? Were you drunk or do you just not know the intricacies of the English language.

I have seen an episode or two, but i do not really like the show. I think they need to have one of those straight guys who acts like a gay, dresses like one, and i like a gay guy but straight, go change one of the fab five.

[Edited on 11-30-2003 by darklanser]

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I can't understand why this would bother anyone in the first place. There not making out with each other or anything like that. I don't understand America's homophobic attitudes.

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I've seen it a couple of times...

That Carson guy is like "Superflame" hehe....

Anyhow, let's face it...gay guys know how to take care of their appearance, etc. We straight guys can learn a lot from these guys it'd seem on some things...but sorry dude, I'm not wearing makeup...hehe...

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I don't think you have to be gay to know how to look good.

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 11:51 AM
link   
No, but it helps!

Seriously, I was just happy to see I was doing SOME things right, hehe...

What really adds to the show is the reason for the change (i.e. one guy was proposing...another was asking his girl to move in with him, etc.)... Without that, it wouldn't be near as interesting....

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I would have thought straight men would be less intimidated & less insulted if a gay guy gave them advice.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 03:19 PM
link   
No...we'd be too afraid of ending up looking "fruity" to our buddies, hehe....

See...a lot of us guys see gay guys as women trapped in men's bodies...so it's just like getting criticized by a woman...

Luckily, I've had to endure the criticisms of my gay brother enough to be fairly immune, hehe...

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 06:19 PM
link   
No i was not drunk. Now that i read it, it makes no sense.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
dude, I'm not wearing makeup...hehe...

Oh, why not?

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
dude, I'm not wearing makeup...hehe...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, why not?

Because man...THAT is gay, hehe.....

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Let it go
. Don't fall victim to patriarch's evil fashion scheme.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I have seen the show twice and determined I like it. I don't make it a point to see it, but if I happen to be looking for something to watch and it's on, I would watch it.

On both the episodes I watched, the straight guy they "helped" ended up so darned happy, that I couldn't help but like the show because it really seemed to be a positive experience for everyone involved, particularly the "Straight guy"

JAH

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I have not seen this show, but think thier the Bomb.

Deep

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I watched an entire episode, yes just one, but that's all it took for me to hate the show.

I don't believe any of those 5 guys are actually gay.. they just push the stereotypes too far to believe.. So you have 5 overacting assbags, telling a dumbass how to do his hair.. what's the appeal of this show again?

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I would clip and post an AVI from the movie OLD SCHOOL about this?

What clip? When the main character first gets in the cab to go home (where he finds his wife cheating) and has a hissy fit over no seatbelts...

He asks "There's no seatbelts, what do you recommend?"

The cab driver turns "I recommend you quit being such a F*GG*T"

OKay, so not exactly politically correct, but it does beg the question:

Why no STRAIGHT EYE FOR THE QUEER GUY?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join