It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWE: Jeff Hardy Leaves WWE!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Credit goes to 1wrestling.com

WWE.com posted the following today. "WWE.com regrets to inform its fans that WWE has severed its relationship with Jeff Hardy effective today. We wish Jeff the best of luck."

To be honest, this really shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. In recent months, Hardy had been late for or missed more than a few WWE house show events. It had become clear that the grind of being on the road so much had gotten old to him and that he didn't enjoy the demands being a full time worker placed on him. WWE had cut back on his dates in an effort to help Hardy get rejuvenated before taking him off house shows and television completely last week, for what I was told were "personal reasons". Hardy had been doing a lot of road work recently with the release of he and brother Matt's new book. In a few of the interviews on the press tour, he had said that he hadn't lost his fire for the business but those close to him have told us a different story. Now, Hardy is free of his wrestling commitments and can do what he wants with his life, and attend to any personal matters he may have. People close to Jeff have told me for years that he doesn't share his brother Matt's passion for the business, at least not to the degree that Matt does, and that he has saved a lot of the money he has earned and doesn't "need to wrestle". Like WWE.com, I too wish Jeff the best and thank him for all of the great matches he gave to the fans.

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 08:17 PM
link   
honestly i never like jeff hardy anyways....good riddence

Ben

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 07:48 AM
link   
in a way its good and in a way its bad that he left, he was a very good wreslter and he did a lot of things in the WWE. But did anybody notice that with all that face paint and stuff he looked like the Ultimate Warrior, geez.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Yeah I noticed that he was acting kinda weird the past year. Maybe its good thing that he left. But something tells me he'll be back.

TRD

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 03:36 PM
link   
That's a bit of a shame kinda liked the Hardy Boys,well as Ocelot say's they always come back in the end!

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Not really a fan of Jeff's. His aerial skills were good and the Hardyz extreme brand of wrestling was certainly entertainly but jumping over ladders and into tables while wearing dated make-up with green hair didn't really do it for me. The ladies man angle was also very poor! As a duo the chemistry was there, but as proved time and again as a single he doesn't work. Matt tried, failed and reinvented himself with the whole mattitude thing which is kinda goofy but works (although won't be around too long). Jeff got so many pushes from headoffice and just couldn't do it at the end of the day. He doesn't have the charisma to be a top singles star and the WWE mid-card rosters is so strong he was sinking. He had the tools but I can't see and angle that would fit. Sad to see anyone go but I'm sure he will find his way back sooner or later.

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Just found out, the real reason Jeff is no longer with the WWE is that he failed a drug test! Apparantly wasn't the first time either so he is gone. WWE offered him the chance to go to rehab and return to wrestle when he was cleared, but he turned it down and quit.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Osobad28

# u jeff rules

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Good luck, Jeff. Stopped watching wrestling but when I did, he was one of my favorites.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaBears

Except this is a very old thread. He's been back for some time now!

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Woops! Didn't even look at the date of the thread. haha

new topics

top topics

join