It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWE: News on Kurt Angle Injury

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 05:47 PM
link   
This was just reported on 1wrestling.com.

"After much speculation, Kurt Angle announced on Byte This yesterday that he has decided to forgo neck fusion and instead will proceed with the alternative neck surgery procedure, which will be done by Dr. Jho in Pittsburgh, PA. He added that he has the utmost respect for Dr. Lloyd Youngblood but has decided to go in this direction because he wants to try and repair his neck rather than have his vertebrae fused. He said that by taking a lot of bumps, he fears that the fusion procedure will just end up with him being injured again and needing fusion once more down the road. He pointed to the effect that the procedure has had on Steve Austin and said that factored in to his decision. He added that he has all of the same symptoms as the other superstars who had neck surgery, but he chose to have his spine adjusted rather than fused. Angle said that he would be having the surgery in about a week and hoped to be out around six weeks. Realistically, he could be out up to three months, depending on how the healing process goes. Mike Hoffman will have a full report of Byte This later in the weekend."

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I hope everything turns out ok for kurt angle and he is back in the ring soon.

Ben

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 05:50 PM
link   
i heard about the neck fusion thing i think that this is a great idea. Kurt will not be out as long as some of the other guys, and they also have a lot of guys on the injury list. Edge just got down with neck surgery and he will be out 1 year. So with Kurt out only 3 months, it wont put so much pressure on other guys.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Indeed. But while Kurt is out it will give some of the other guys a chance to shine.

top topics

join