It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College Sports: This Week's College Football

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Looks to me like we'll be spinning our wheels in this weekend's fierce competition in the College Football Pickem' contest. All of the ranked teams--or, in games involving two ranked teams, the more highly ranked teams--are favored. Seems like our discrepancies in picks are almost always between: (1) teams that are favored by the oddsmakes, but unranked in the polls; and (2) teams that are underdogs in Vegas, but ranked in the polls.

Will any of us get daring? Who will pick Northwestern to pull an enormous upset, and just how big of a lead will they need to be secure? 50 points?

BHN

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   
honestly i don't think any lead is safe for Northwestern. I'm sure i'll have some different picks than everyone else this week, there's just a couple teams i like that aren't favored.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I'll get my 2 picks correct, and gaina couple on you all...

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
@$%#. &%$@. $&*(@^%()&!$)(&*!()&% ^&%&^$^)$&@$ * !!!!

I was CERTAIN I'd made my college picks for this week, but nooo!!!

So, upon discovering my blunder, I was only able to pick the last 6 games or so, and this turns out to be a week where almost all of the favorites won the first 14 games on the list (with the notable exceptions of Nebraska and, of all teams, U.S.[F]C. against Oregon F. State!).

So, AEGIS FANG, I have a question: Does our worst week in College Football Pickem, like our worst week in NFL Pickem, get thrown out? This will for sure be my worst week, unless I pull this bonehead stunt again.

Even so, I've given you guys a big edge, because this looks like a week with precious few upsets--or, at least, precious few in the games I missed out on--so this is a BAD week to have as one's "does-not-count" week, and it's obviously going to be mine.

Birds and Aegis, I think you guys have probably beaten me as a result of this blunder, and it's nobody's fault but mine. Gibbsy, I can probably STILL kick your @$$, lolol.

BHN

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaseballHistoryNut
@$%#. &%$@. $&*(@^%()&!$)(&*!()&% ^&%&^$^)$&@$ * !!!!

I was CERTAIN I'd made my college picks for this week, but nooo!!!

So, upon discovering my blunder, I was only able to pick the last 6 games or so, and this turns out to be a week where almost all of the favorites won the first 14 games on the list (with the notable exceptions of Nebraska and, of all teams, U.S.[F]C. against Oregon F. State!).

So, AEGIS FANG, I have a question: Does our worst week in College Football Pickem, like our worst week in NFL Pickem, get thrown out? This will for sure be my worst week, unless I pull this bonehead stunt again.

Even so, I've given you guys a big edge, because this looks like a week with precious few upsets--or, at least, precious few in the games I missed out on--so this is a BAD week to have as one's "does-not-count" week, and it's obviously going to be mine.

Birds and Aegis, I think you guys have probably beaten me as a result of this blunder, and it's nobody's fault but mine. Gibbsy, I can probably STILL kick your @$$, lolol.

BHN

As a matter of fact, i saw that you forgot to get your picks in, so I set it up that the worst week is dropped, i also changed the deadline. You now have to have your picks in 5 minutes before kickoff of each game. I don't know if this will help but you may be able to get a couple more picks in for the late games and save the throw away week for a super bad week.

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Thanks, guy.

By the way, for your benefit and that of anyone else who's reading this, you may want to turn on TBS and watch the Texas-Texas Tech game. Tech jumped out to a 21-0 lead, but is now nursing a 31-28 lead about 2/3 of a way through the 3rd quarter. Could be a thriller. ESPN has a good one between Tennessee and South Carolina, also, and CSTV has a good one between East Carolina and So Miss, though that's obviously nowhere near as important.

If you're reading this and you're by your TV, I strongly suggest turning on TBS and flipping to ESPN occasionally. Also, if you're on the West Coast, there's a close game right now between UCLA and Washington State on ABC. NOTHING on late night tonight, but right now, it's a GREAT time to watch college football.

Speaking of which....

BHN

top topics

join