It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College Sports: Fresno State at USC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 11:41 PM
link   
For those of you hanging on the edge of your seats, USC just scored a TD but had their 2-point conversion pass broken up. They lead Fresno 47-42, with a little over 6 minutes left. I think Fresno has only one time out left.

B.H.N.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Fresno starts at about their 21. (Is this legal?)

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Running play is stuffed on first down, clock running. (Fresno must score AND kill the clock here.) Sideline pass ALMOST picked on second down. Third and ten coming up. QB is sacked and fumbles on 3rd and 10. F'ing USC recovers at the Fresno 15. A FG will now make it an 8-point game.

Damn.

BUT!!!! UCLA, and whoever USC plays in their bowl game, will certainly know how to score big points against this team. By the way, Reggie Bush has over 500 yards of total offense, I believe.

B.H.N.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
USC now leads by 8, and Fresno is down to 4th and 7.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 11:55 PM
link   
FIRST DOWN FRESNO, AT THEIR OWN 40. 1:57 left.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   
5 yards on first down; 2nd and 5 with 1:46. HUGE gain on 2nd down. FIRST DOWN AT USC 25.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Fresno St QB throws it into the endzone, in double coverage, and it's picked off. For all intents and purposes, game over.

D A M N ! ! ! ! !

But there you have it. Fresno State scored 42 and came very close to scoring at least 48 points against USC. Texas didn't play today, so I'm betting they watched this. Think they liked what they say?

B.H.N.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Reggie Bush's total yards: 511

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   
misssed the game but it sounded like a great one, how did they ever give up 42 points to Fresno State?????

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Toejam,

I didn't see anything but the last half of the 4th quarter, Toejam. Fox Sports Channel was supposed to show a quadruple-header of football yesterday, but some geniuses decided that folks where I live--over 300 miles from San Jose--would rather watch the ****ing Sharks' meaningless regular season hockey game than watch USC play a ranked opponent. And, of course, there wasn't even some poor flunkee available at Cox Cable to bear the brunt of my (by then) enormous wrath.

But either the hockey game ended or they FINALLY got a clue and switched us to the football game when they learned it was well into the 4th quarter and Fresno was still ahead of The Leviathan.

So....

I cannot tell you how they got all those points, but they did. I cannot tell you how Fresno State allowed one player to get over 500 total yards, but they did.

What I CAN tell you is that even when Fresno State was down 50-42, having yielded a go-ahead TD and then a FG, they drove the ball down to USC's 25 in the final minutes.

Don't you just KNOW how much Texas, Penn State and LSU--and, for that matter, UCLA--loved watching what Fresno did? Think those teams' offensive coordinators might spend a weensy bit of time reviewing that game tape?

B.H.N., still furious at idiots' programming decisions

new topics

top topics

join