It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College Sports: Recruiting Classes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
who do you guys think had the best recruiting classes this year? a lot of people are saying that usc and tennessee had very good classes, with lsu supposedly getting the best player. and supposedly the sec was pretty weak, even with tennessee and lsu doing so well, what do you people think?

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 07:55 AM
link   
i don't pretend to know much about freshman recruits, but i do hear from reliable sources that Tennessee and USC did real good this year, but also that Nebraska did very well. How Nebraska got good talent this year is beyond me, i'll have to see it to believe it. I also hear that Bama did very well since they are off probation now, which doesn't suprise me since they didn't do all that bad when they were on probation. Schools like Tennessee and Alabama have an advantage when it comes to recruiting they have so much history and tradition that they don't have to recruit in state so they can concentrate on the out of staters. I heard Phillip Fulmer say once that after he made his out of state rounds he'd just go look at the list of in staters that wanted to play and pick the ones he wanted, that's got to be a huge help in the recruiting department.

join